Thunder warning

That was one of my most enjoyable drive homes ever, mainly because I knew the backroads to take and beat most of the road closures (just on one of the roads as the police stopped the car behind me)

TBF thou, you're probably safest in a car/van than if ya were out walking, or even in the hoose! ;)

.. Was like driving through a river all the way from Barns Park, trough to Pallion an hour or so ago .. Was off to B&Q but aborted plan after driving through Pallion ..

.. Think that's my car on there. The first on on the pick. Looks like it and remember the taxi on the left ..

.. Was like driving through a river all the way from Barns Park, trough to Pallion an hour or so ago .. Was off to B&Q but aborted plan after driving through Pallion ..

.. Think that's my car on there. The first on on the pick. Looks like it and remember the taxi on the left ..
.. Edit .. Naw it isn't ..

Last edited:
Nipped into town before the rain.:(
Logon or register to see this image

Telly has now gone off, both the Sky Box and aerial and I'm expecting my bathroom ceiling to collapse any minute.
Started the week with getting my toot howked out and it hasn't really got any better.:lol:
And it was a white shirt before you went out.

I don't drive either so it's just me and my umbrella (too hot for a winter coat).
A nice metal umbrella or "lightning conductor" as they are know in the trade?

the rains lifted the manhole cover off on Strawberry bank and at the bottom beside the shops and beside the convent the roads flooded

Bit further along on Brookeside terrace, another manhole lifted, looks like the "hole" has claimed a police van. The flood here also claimed a mini, I suspect engine may need a lot of work!

Noticed quite a few of the drains in my street were blocked and assume this will be the same all over town as you never see the drain clearers out now.
No the wonder the streets flood easily.

Wdsc

Back