Three dead after caravan travels wrong way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Should they confiscate everyones license who has been involved in a non-injury collision?

Well I wouldn't want to preempt the Independent Office for Police Conduct, but it appears that they failed to spot that there could be a problem with the driver didn't they?
Which problem was that then? That he hit a car?

Couple of weeks ago there was a car at the Dalton Park park roundabout trying to go Southbound down the wrong slip road

You get my point tho . No turbo or power enhanced engines . Basic 1.0 or even have them limited to 60

Every car should be limited to 70, after all there is no legal need to go over that. Anyone found to have removed the limiter gets fined. That way only emergency service vehicles etc dont have them.

Not bait at all. People over 60 should not be allowed to drive a 2 ton vehicle imo.

Sorry if that triggers you.

Don't be a stupid arrogant arsehole. I've just turned 60 and my driving is safe. I recognise that my reactions and quite possibly my decision making are not as quick as they used to be so I have modified my driving accordingly. I no longer drive as competitively as I used to and have a very philosophical attitude to other drivers' occasional stupidity. If you're between 18 and 25 I'm statistically probably a better driver than you due to my greater experience and knowledge of other drivers' likely behaviour and therefore I am able to predict situations before they occur. This is why older drivers have cheaper insurance.

So there, young'un! (If you are a young'un. Obviously to me you are ;) )

Last edited:
Have said the same thing. There needs to be a recurring test annually for anyone over 70 imo. It doesnt' have to be as stringent as the standard one, but checks their suitability on things like reactions, road understandings, etc.

You would have thought that these days it would be easy to set up some sort of simulator test which would tests things such as reaction/judgement and combine that with test of road understanding etc. No real need for a full test and it could be repeated reliably and tested regularly at relatively low cost. So maybe do it once a year once you reach retirement age - pass and you keep your licence, fail and you lose it and have to do a full re-test to qualify again?

Good few years ago now I saw a terrified Chinese bloke haring the wrong way around the Barnes roundabout in a red Ford Popular.

Thankfully the old fella driving the wrong way and his wife are dead. Poor fella who they crashed into, tragedy.

How someone in his 80s is allowed to drive I have no clue.

If he’d been doing 45 in a 40 though they’d have sorted him out.
My Granda's 86 and still drives like. Drives the same car the owld fella crashed in the story too, oddly enough.
He doesn't drive a great deal like, just to run folk about here and there as required.

Stupid? Arrogant?

You're the one that thinks, at 60, he's as safe a driver he's ever been. If that's not stupid and arrogant then idk what is.
Come on then, give us a clue, how old are you that you have so much worldly knowledge and what is your field of expertise when it comes to defining who at any age is fit to drive

Come on then, give us a clue, how old are you that you have so much worldly knowledge and what is your field of expertise when it comes to defining who at any age is fit to drive
I love how all the over 60's are getting angry and throwing insults. It says a lot about your mental state when your first instinct is to get angry. This is exactly why you shouldn't be on the road without extensive tests.

I love how all the over 60's are getting angry and throwing insults. It says a lot about your mental state when your first instinct is to get angry. This is exactly why you shouldn't be on the road without extensive tests.
Nothing angry in my post and no insults either just a plain simple question that you've tried to avoid

Nothing angry in my post and no insults either just a plain simple question that you've tried to avoid
Aye because my age alone is a clear indication of your ability to drive. :lol:

You can't even use logical reasoning when posting on a football forum man, how the fuck am I to trust you with a 2-ton motor vehicle traveling at 100mph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back