This new Scrooge on BBC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

I m glad it just wasn’t me who thought I was going deaf!

This story has been done to death with some excellent versions. I get where they are going with it but BBC can’t help but to PC it to death.

If they want to modernise it , set it in Google HQ with a mob of happy clappy hipsters.

Evil? What version of Christmas Carol have you been watching?
Not evil perhaps, but he instills fear in those around him at least. In this version you had Bob wise-cracking with him and people shouting abuse at him through his window to which he had no response. Scrooge came across as soft in this version to me which negates the whole point of the story. Dunno if it was intentional, but if it was, it was a pretty big misstep.

I m glad it just wasn’t me who thought I was going deaf!

This story has been done to death with some excellent versions. I get where they are going with it but BBC can’t help but to PC it to death.

If they want to modernise it , set it in Google HQ with a mob of happy clappy hipsters.
I’m sure Dickens intended Bob Cratchit to be shacked up with a strong minded independent black woman. There’s a story to emerge with her burning that letter from Tiny Tim.

Also working Christmas Eve would have been the norm back then. I’ve worked more Christmas Eves than not over the years, it’s a fairly recent phenomenon to sack it off.

I enjoyed it. They did say it was going to be different to the other versions and a lot darker .
The dialogue needed the clear voice on the sound bar mind .

I’m sure Dickens intended Bob Cratchit to be shacked up with a strong minded independent black woman. There’s a story to emerge with her burning that letter from Tiny Tim.

Also working Christmas Eve would have been the norm back then. I’ve worked more Christmas Eves than not over the years, it’s a fairly recent phenomenon to sack it off.
Yes, I am working tomorrow 4am start and we open at 7 #killmenow

Taped it as I have a manic social life and was out, it’s had shite reviews so don’t think will bother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back