This new Scrooge on BBC1

This bloke playing Scrooge isn’t exactly evil like.
I turned it off for this reason. He was having a lovely chat with Cratchett who was giving him loads of sarcastic responses and loads of ruffians were banging his window and shit showing absolutely no fear of him. Obviously not the evil bastard of the book. Thought it was boring and full of monologue from what I stuck through.

I turned it off for this reason. He was having a lovely chat with Cratchett who was giving him loads of sarcastic responses and loads of ruffians were banging his window and shit showing absolutely no fear of him. Obviously not the evil bastard of the book. Thought it was boring and full of monologue from what I stuck through.
Yeah it was more like he was mentally ill, which was interesting, but are the ghosts going to give him cbt

This bloke playing Scrooge isn’t exactly evil like.
He isn't exactly evil in the book tbf. More of a sad and lonely child who's love of money corrupts him as a man despite the opportunities given to him to live a good life. It's a cautionary tale rather than anything else.

I've not seen it yet but I'm interested in the comments that it's slow. I like stories that take their time as long as it still tells the story and doesn't get bogged down in the mud with it all.

I started watching it with the missus and daughter, who said "this doesn't seem like a Christmas film" (yes, I know it was a series and not a film). I think she was expecting it to be like Elf which was on earlier.

Needless to say, they both got bored and I ended up watching it by myself.

Back