[Third test] England v Australia - Perth

They made light work of the Aussies whilst we're on course for a 5-0 defeat
We beat Australia ourselves the same year SA won the Test series against Australia. All three teams have changed a reasonable bit since then.

We also beat SA ourselves in the Test series this year, so you need to add that to your weird Top Trumps logic. Presumably if they beat Australia and we beat them we're better than both?

Or could it be it's not as simple as that I wonder

This has the makings of a very bad day for us. It will end the ashes if it's a bad one so fingers crossed. I think they'll end up around 40 ahead of us and I fear we could be 3 or 4 wickets down before we take the lead. There's also rain forecast so anything could happen in terms of results given we are only 13 wickets into the game after 2 days.

Can handle insults but that’s just over the f***ing top
:lol: And you even live on mullet island!

Do they give you a lot of gyp when we're facing series defeat? They don't strike me as a very magnanimous bunch.

This has the makings of a very bad day for us. It will end the ashes if it's a bad one so fingers crossed. I think they'll end up around 40 ahead of us and I fear we could be 3 or 4 wickets down before we take the lead. There's also rain forecast so anything could happen in terms of results given we are only 13 wickets into the game after 2 days.
We're obviously going to lose the urn. I'd prefer it to happen quickly, and get some lions into the side for experience.

Last edited:
He's just weird man, he looks shite, I can't put my finger on it :lol: Maybe its the thought he started out as an leggie!
I know what you mean. He isn't that pretty but he's incredibly effective. The Steve Bull of cricket.

What's the story with this field? It's almost like we're playing for a draw.

Ooo was that swing or the crack? Overs is looking the only one likely to take a wicket.

Gerrin, well done Modern. If only it was Smudge.

We beat Australia ourselves the same year SA won the Test series against Australia. All three teams have changed a reasonable bit since then.

We also beat SA ourselves in the Test series this year, so you need to add that to your weird Top Trumps logic. Presumably if they beat Australia and we beat them we're better than both?

Or could it be it's not as simple as that I wonder
Aye but we won at home. The Saffers won in Australia (including Perth iirc). All in recent history.

Australia aren't a great team IMHO, with bat (except Smith) or ball. Ites our deficiencies making them look like one.

Why is Jimmy starting a spell when the new ball isn't far off?

Am I the only one up?

Last edited:
I know what you mean. He isn't that pretty but he's incredibly effective. The Steve Bull of cricket.

Ooo was that swing or the crack? Overs is looking the only one likely to take a wicket.

Aye but we won at home. The Saffers won in Australia (including Perth iirc). All in recent history.

Australia aren't a great team IMHO, with bat (except Smith) or ball. Ites our deficiencies making them look like one.

Am I the only one up?
I'm at the game :cool:

Am I the only one up?

The thought of Fulham at Home is just too exciting for me to sleep so up for the cricket. Think I’ll get back to bed, wasting the new ball here.

another review out of shear desperation...
Embarrassing review that. It was barely heading in the right direction. It screams "we don't think we can get him out".

The thought of Fulham at Home is just too exciting for me to sleep so up for the cricket. Think I’ll get back to bed, wasting the new ball here.
Oh fuck I forgot I have to cope with that too.

Yeah been here since 2013. It's breezy but it's still very tingly on the skin
Do you live near the WACA? How hard was it to get tickets?

Last edited:
We have no openers, no tail, no quicks, no spinners and (in the conditions except the one day-nighter) no swing bowlers in the team.

How could we expect anything else?

Blind hope mate :neutral:

I’m all for equality etc...but f***ing hell get a job on merit, this commentator ‘Ali’ is f***ing turgid.

Last edited:

Back