[Third test] England v Australia - Perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttler? hales? Morgan?

What f***ing right do they have to play test cricket?
Agreed. Currently the pool of players available is as weak as I can recall. Virtually no stand out options......

I would bring the young lad Curran in from Surrey. I’m talking about the younger brother

Reported in the papers this morning that Broad has only been bowling 4 over spells. Is that true (to those who watched), I mean wtf - it's not like he's Mitchell Johnson who would fling it down at 90mph, it means he's knackered, if true.

Agreed. Currently the pool of players available is as weak as I can recall. Virtually no stand out options......

I would bring the young lad Curran in from Surrey. I’m talking about the younger brother

Sam Curran.

Left armer but a short arse and not particularly fast either.

We have a serious issue where most of the next generation of England bowlers, in particular those with the pace to trouble international batsmen, are long term crocked,

Maybe Seb but http://www.espn.co.uk/cricket/story/_/id/21396859/we-building-fragile-bowlers-steffan-jones

Sam Curran.

Left armer but a short arse and not particularly fast either.

We have a serious issue where most of the next generation of England bowlers, in particular those with the pace to trouble international batsmen, are long term crocked,

Maybe Seb but http://www.espn.co.uk/cricket/story/_/id/21396859/we-building-fragile-bowlers-steffan-jones
Give a few years, and Sam will be devastating in English conditions imo (assuming that the ECB leave his action alone).

For this tour, he'd have been a more sensible and better bet than TC but still would've been cannon fodder.

Having a slap doesn’t make you a test cricketer

Buttler has a glaring weakness outside off stump
I agree. With the ashes gone, it was just things that may as well happen.

Take the Aussies on. We have got nowhere by trying to bore our way to a big score, so why not take them on?

I see we are now looking to start crane. Identical selection to borthwick in the last debacle over there

Ruined Scotty at test level immediately. Anyway, happy Christmas

Take the Aussies on. We have got nowhere by trying to bore our way to a big score, so why not take them on?

I see we are now looking to start crane. Identical selection to borthwick in the last debacle over there

Merry christmas Carty

Give a few years, and Sam will be devastating in English conditions imo (assuming that the ECB leave his action alone).

For this tour, he'd have been a more sensible and better bet than TC but still would've been cannon fodder.

Good luck to him, but we're not short of good, young bowlers in English conditions. At 5'9" and 10 stone wet through he's going to struggle to create the pace and bounce to perform at test level.

I could see him as a very good ODI player though.

Lets have a go at our criminal cousins, why not. I was looking forward to the boxing day test, and drinking sleeping through it. Not bothering after the shit we have been served up.

Lets have a go at our criminal cousins, why not. I was looking forward to the boxing day test, and drinking sleeping through it. Not bothering after the shit we have been served up.
I always watch it, but only for the first session this time.

So disappointing it's all over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back