Things that irritate you more than they should

Status
Not open for further replies.

Years ago I picked up my brand new GTi Golf from Fulwell and went to look at a job in Bishop Auckland. The taxi in front of me moved forward at the Carrville roundabout, as I looked right to check the traffic he stopped and I bumped into him. No damage done and I rang his gaffer to explain. He burst out laughing and let me off. The car had 17 miles on.
Was it dangermows?

Cyclists who speed along the footpath and feel that pedestrians should give them priority.
People who walk in the cycle lane and get arsey when you ask them to move out the way.

Also, people who walk slowly, especially in airports.

eeeyyyaaaaannnnd.....

Also in Pointless when 'Zander asks the jackpot-chasing couple which of their answers are most and least likely to be pointless. Why does he ask that? It makes absolutely no difference to the outcome. Have I missed something?

In America "fixins" are the ingredients of a recipe.
Yes. They want to build the tension by having the answers get closer to pointless.

Some twat cut across me today. Didn't even acknowledge me. I hate that roundabout.
Drivers who don't use their mirrors. I had to brake and swerve to avoid an idiot yesterday. We were the only two cars on the road ffs.

Last edited:
To be fair, I view people who don’t have at least a basic grasp of grammar the same as I view grasses and bullshitters.

To be fair, I view people who feel the need to flaunt their superior intelligence and educational attainment as a bunch of pedantic pricks. Life's too short.

To be fair, I view people who feel the need to flaunt their superior intelligence and educational attainment as a bunch of pedantic pricks. Life's too short.

You’ve gotta have some standards, otherwise you’d have the majority using text speak, watching Love Island, reading the Daily Mail and posting shite on Facebook. A major decline in intelligence in this country in the past decade or so and a tell tale sign is a person not being able to spell properly, in my opinion.

To be fair, I view people who don’t have at least a basic grasp of grammar the same as I view grasses and bullshitters.

I find the term ‘grass’ - when not referring to vegetation - irritating to an extent that I probably shouldn’t.

I find the term ‘grass’ - when not referring to vegetation - irritating to an extent that I probably shouldn’t.

Depends on the context like. I’m not advocating a Krays era London situation where no one got shopped for the most hideous crimes but petty grasses are wankers.

You’ve gotta have some standards, otherwise you’d have the majority using text speak, watching Love Island, reading the Daily Mail and posting shite on Facebook. A major decline in intelligence in this country in the past decade or so and a tell tale sign is a person not being able to spell properly, in my opinion.

I don't use text speak, don't have a Facebook account, don't read the Daily Mail, but do watch & enjoy Love Island.

Imagine that.

In America "fixins" are the ingredients of a recipe.
More accurately they’re the garnishes on a sandwich or something.

Also in southern US idiom you may be ‘fixing’ to do something such as “I’m fixing to get the kid from school” = planning to do it soon. Black people contract this further so it becomes “A fitna”
Such as “A fitna go to bed”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back