The X-Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a perfect opportunity to recapture old viewers, and attract new ones here. Handled properly it could be very successful for them, I hope they learned the lessons from last time. I'm really looking forward to this, I didn't think that we'd ever see a new series. I'm away to work tomorrow for a month so it'll be mostly recorded when I get home.
Watching the first episode now, it's piqued my interest.

Potentially they are changing it up, could be a good 6 episodes.

Never watched any of the originals but just watched the new episode and I liked it, do enjoy some crazy conspiracy stuff.

So is their kid a half alien baby or something? Saw in that two minute recap a few posts up that it says they gave it up for adoption and that Mulder isn't the biological father, reckon it's likely to show up again?
http://x-files.wikia.com/wiki/William_(child)

He was always regarded as special and received a lot of attention. Scully was unable to have children then a window opened for her to become pregnant.

Reactions: NVA
there being no alien invasion, it was all bollocks and Mulder pissed away his life. Obviously there would still be an alien crash at Roswell, and aliens exist somewhere, but bar throwing a pawn at us 70 years ago to prevent us from killing ourselves they don't give a shit.
The change would probably through up the kind of continuity errors fanboys go mental over, it's probably a red-herring, if it isn't expect to see nerd articles bitching about it for the next 5 years.

there being no alien invasion, it was all bollocks and Mulder pissed away his life. Obviously there would still be an alien crash at Roswell, and aliens exist somewhere, but bar throwing a pawn at us 70 years ago to prevent us from killing ourselves they don't give a shit.
The change would probably through up the kind of continuity errors fanboys go mental over, it's probably a red-herring, if it isn't expect to see nerd articles bitching about it for the next 5 years.
Got a feeling we won't be seeing super soldiers again.

Just finished watching episode 2, enjoyed it again although I can't help but think of David Duchovny as Hank Moody half the time when he's on the screen. The part with the pregnant women just after her car crash....nasty.

Both episodes have had pretty good ratings (first episode had huge ratings but that was partly cos of the NFL I think), wouldn't be surprised if it gets another season.

Just finished watching episode 2, enjoyed it again although I can't help but think of David Duchovny as Hank Moody half the time when he's on the screen. The part with the pregnant women just after her car crash....nasty.

Both episodes have had pretty good ratings (first episode had huge ratings but that was partly cos of the NFL I think), wouldn't be surprised if it gets another season.
Anderson and Duchovny have said before they wouldn't be interested in another series, but they'll easily be tempted since this one has been pretty successful so far. I know the vision is for Mulder and Scully to pass the torch to younger agents, good idea as long as it doesn't turn out like Doggett and Reyes.

Anderson and Duchovny have said before they wouldn't be interested in another series, but they'll easily be tempted since this one has been pretty successful so far. I know the vision is for Mulder and Scully to pass the torch to younger agents, good idea as long as it doesn't turn out like Doggett and Reyes.

I don't know, Doggett to me injected new life into the series. Reyes is a different matter and the casting of that character was a mistake.

I don't know, Doggett to me injected new life into the series. Reyes is a different matter and the casting of that character was a mistake.
It had its moment aye, just think the series especially the conspiracy side was running on empty a bit.

It had its moment aye, just think the series especially the conspiracy side was running on empty a bit.

Hmm, fair enough. Looking at the older X-Files that are occasionally showen, they do look dated.

I just hope there's something new in this six parter to really engage the viewer.

Rather than "The truth is out there" we need to be more full on.

Hmm, fair enough. Looking at the older X-Files that are occasionally showen, they do look dated.

I just hope there's something new in this six parter to really engage the viewer.

Rather than "The truth is out there" we need to be more full on.
So far it's been pretty much a show for the fans, can't see it moving away from that theme.

'Duchovny stated that if the miniseries is a success, he would be interested in another renewal, stating, "I would be open to doing another cycle. I don't know that I could do a 20-episode version of this show at this point in my life, and I don't know that Gillian could. But I think everybody is open ended on what happens after this. Certainly, we didn't bring it back with the idea of ending it.'

Good viewing figures so far, fingers crossed it continues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back