The X-Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed the first episode of the new series aired State-side last night. I'll be watching it tonight, let's see if it holds up.

Reviews have said the first episode is rough but by episode 3 it's back in it'so groove.

Link for the knackers that can't use Google

Use spoiler tags when discussing the new series I guess. Say which episode the spoilers are for too.

Not sure when it airs here and every thread like this ends up with the technologically challenged whinging about spoilers.

it was,nt that good.....hopefully gets better..

I think they have tried to squeeze too much into the first episode, could have done with being spread into two episodes and the pace being a bit slower.

Reviews I've seen said the new series starts poorly and then improves. Certainly starts poorly hopefully it gets better.

I din't think the first lot was very good, but think I'm in the minority. Is it the same people?
I loved it as it aired but I was 11 when it started, you (should) start to see the cracks when you reach the age of reason. Most governments can't keep a shag with a secretary or visit to a domanatrix quiet, in the x-files world they can cover up vast conspiracies.

I'm hoping it moves on from the monster of the week/military cover up cycle. The world's moved on, big business are the enemy of the zeitgeist these days.

Gerrin, just started downloading it, wasn't a massive fan when it first come out, but later on, when on the road working, downloaded the lot and watched most again.

I loved it as it aired but I was 11 when it started, you (should) start to see the cracks when you reach the age of reason. Most governments can't keep a shag with a secretary or visit to a domanatrix quiet, in the x-files world they can cover up vast conspiracies.

I'm hoping it moves on from the monster of the week/military cover up cycle. The world's moved on, big business are the enemy of the zeitgeist these days.
It was always mad seeing a UFO or a ghost, but the internet is awash with it, so doesnt seem a mystery anymore.

It was always mad seeing a UFO or a ghost, but the internet is awash with it, so doesnt seem a mystery anymore.
See, I think the opposite.

Everyone is walking around with an HD video camera in their pocket and we get less "evidence" now than we did in the early 90s. We should have high quality flying saucer videos on the news every night, but we don't because it was all bollocks.

Reactions: PTR
See, I think the opposite.

Everyone is walking around with an HD video camera in their pocket and we get less "evidence" now than we did in the early 90s. We should have high quality flying saucer videos on the news every night, but we don't because it was all bollocks.
Of course its all nonsense, but the interweb has shedloads of fakes. SFX are available to everyone noe.
Like you say, everyone has a camera now and there is very little actual evidence of anything.

I think they have tried to squeeze too much into the first episode, could have done with being spread into two episodes and the pace being a bit slower.

Reviews I've seen said the new series starts poorly and then improves. Certainly starts poorly hopefully it gets better.

apparently 1st episode is in 2 parts....2nd part on tonight..

didn't help I was tired and start was delayed for American football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back