The X-Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will ya need to know all that has gone on before in past series' and films or what?

I lost track of what was gannin' on donkeys years ago when the T-1000 turned up and replaced Mulder.
-Mulder went on the run
-He came back, and killed a super soldier.
-He was put on trial and sentenced to death.
-He and Scully ran away and went into hiding.
-In 2008 there was a film I didn't bother watching. None of that murder stuff matters any more because...reasons (something about Billy Connelly being a psychic nonce).
- Aliens should have killed us of enslaved us all in 2012, no idea why that didn't happen. Maybe the Invasion ran behind schedule because of Tory cuts.

I think that covers it, I'll have a quick look for a video synopsis.

Just watched it and thought it was superb, had the old charm and inconclusiveness, Duchovny and Anderson on form, the O'Malley character was very now and helped bring it up to date. Can't wait for the next five episodes.

Agreed. It was just too drawn out and took too many daft and confusing turns. They were clearly making it up as they went and longing it out as the viewing figures were high.
Definitely in the 8th and 9th series, almost feel like they'll ignore the majority of what happened during that period, CSM is alive and the invasion didn't happen.

Never watched any of the originals but just watched the new episode and I liked it, do enjoy some crazy conspiracy stuff.

So is their kid a half alien baby or something? Saw in that two minute recap a few posts up that it says they gave it up for adoption and that Mulder isn't the biological father, reckon it's likely to show up again?

@ProfessionalMackem's favourite documentary series

You won't be far off the truth mate.

Ever see that pilot of the spinoff series? Lone gunmen iirc. It was very educational regarding false flag atrocities commuted by the West.

Me too. It all got a bit convoluted toward the end, so much so I stopped watching it when duchovny left. Truth be known I'd pretty much given up on it a while before then. I'm hoping the new shows go back to the early stand alone format.

Same as me mate. Even before ducovny left it was getting stale. I dunno if the makers were drawing it out to make more money or couldn't comprehend how to end such a iconic series. But I hope they came back with answers not more questions. I turned off lost for the same reason.

You won't be far off the truth mate.

Ever see that pilot of the spinoff series? Lone gunmen iirc. It was very educational regarding false flag atrocities commuted by the West.

Same as me mate. Even before ducovny left it was getting stale. I dunno if the makers were drawing it out to make more money or couldn't comprehend how to end such a iconic series. But I hope they came back with answers not more questions. I turned off lost for the same reason.
They have a perfect opportunity to recapture old viewers, and attract new ones here. Handled properly it could be very successful for them, I hope they learned the lessons from last time. I'm really looking forward to this, I didn't think that we'd ever see a new series. I'm away to work tomorrow for a month so it'll be mostly recorded when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back