The X-Files

I don't know if it has been mentioned already but Spike TV are going to show every episode from the original 1993 series onwards.

The first one has just started tonight.

It wasn't garbage at all though!
It was like a piss poor version of those CSI shows, Mulder reminded me of the Baldwin in that spoof show in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Carter et al are very much of their time it seems to me and haven't adapted to modernity at all. The whole line dancing scene and the shite camera effects and Tad f***ing O'Malley were just embarrassing. Rank bad. I'll not be subjecting myself to the next set after that.

It was like a piss poor version of those CSI shows, Mulder reminded me of the Baldwin in that spoof show in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Carter et al are very much of their time it seems to me and haven't adapted to modernity at all. The whole line dancing scene and the shite camera effects and Tad f***ing O'Malley were just embarrassing. Rank bad. I'll not be subjecting myself to the next set after that.
The dancing was amazing! Tad O'Malley worked as a modern day internet conspiracy theorist like Alex Jones. It wasn't perfect but to right the whole thing off nah!

The dancing was amazing! Tad O'Malley worked as a modern day internet conspiracy theorist like Alex Jones. It wasn't perfect but to right the whole thing off nah!
You're entitled to your opinion but I strongly, strongly disagree with it. Ruined one of my favourite shows in the same way the Netflix remake of Arrested Development did.

I'm a huge X-Files fan, this series has been an abomination.

I thought personally these 6 episodes were better made than the original series. I loved the episode where the insectivore lizard turned into a human and almost got Scully naked.

Enjoyed the ending tonight and it's clear there's going to be another series. :D :D :D

I don't thnk cancer man smoking through a laryngectomy hole was very good though if I am going to criticise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect you're opinion but not the fact you say these 6 episodes ruined the whole show for you.
It's taken the shine off a show I loved with six extremely weak episodes that erred on the side of comedy even when they weren't comedy episodes. They've taken the shone off a series I loved, no doubt. It's like when a footballer returns to a club when he's past his best and your good memories of him are affected as a result.

It's taken the shine off a show I loved with six extremely weak episodes that erred on the side of comedy even when they weren't comedy episodes. They've taken the shone off a series I loved, no doubt. It's like when a footballer returns to a club when he's past his best and your good memories of him are affected as a result.
6 episodes have taken the shine off a show you loved, you clearly didn't love it that much then.

6 episodes have taken the shine off a show you loved, you clearly didn't love it that much then.
I've seen every minute of every episode of the X-Files and both films. This series has pretty much guaranteed I won't keep up that record as I certainly won't be watching another minute if those six episode were anything to go by. Should have let sleeping dogs lie.

Back