The worst game at the SOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwich a few year back under MON was horrific.

I think the badness of that game is wildly exaggerated. Particularly in comparison to others.

One that springs to mind is a twatting off an absolutely desperate Pompey team who were being managed by a desperate, dead man walking French manager. That was horrific and Kelvin D's performance that day summed up that entire season

Edit: Perrin had just been replaced maybe

Last edited by a moderator:

Villa under gus
Norwich under dick
Wigan under Bruce
Boro under sgt wilko

There's probably worse like but they come to mind for me.

Not the worst but the Everton fa cup replay was deflating. After the draw at their place we had a couple of players back and everyone was optimistic and well up for it. Then they just totally dominated us and David Vaughan topped it off with that own goal.

Not the worst but the Everton fa cup replay was deflating. After the draw at their place we had a couple of players back and everyone was optimistic and well up for it. Then they just totally dominated us and David Vaughan topped it off with that own goal.

Beginning of the end for MON, went to shit after that night. Really thought we'd do them :cry: Everton were quality on the night mind, when Moyes could actually manage.

Beginning of the end for MON, went to shit after that night. Really thought we'd do them :cry: Everton were quality on the night mind, when Moyes could actually manage.
Seem to remember Fellaini just winning everything and that Greek centre back being awful.

Awful to watch? Or awful in terms of the result?

The worst game to watch I remember we played Stoke in about 2009 on a Monday or Tuesday night and it was really horrific. I don't think there was a shot or chance in 90 minutes. The worst result i'd say the 4-0 to Villa under Poyet when a fella I know try to attack him in the dugout.

Or the 0-3 Charlton game with 3 urn gurls. The 4-1 Mags game. The 3-0 Boro game in the 15 point season. There's been a few.

0-3 against Wigan in the 3rd round of the cup, 2008 under Keane

Awful game. Was Jonny Evans first game back the second time round, he underhit a back pass that McShane booted in for an own goal. Their striker ran off doing backflips trying to claim it

Some of the cup crowd mongos booed Gordon in the 2nd half as well

God, where do I start?
How about this for the oldies.
(I know it isn't from the SoL, but what the hell!)

Wednesday 15 April 1970.
Last home match of the season.
We needed to beat Liverpool to stay up.
Liverpool had nothing to play for and actually tried to let us win.
We were so shite that after 86 minutes they put us out of our misery when Chris Lawler scored.
33,007 went there in hope and left in despair.
The team actually contained five of the cup winning team, although you would never have known it from their performance that night.

(Thanks to The Stat Cat for the details although the overall horror is indelibly etched on my soul)

Id probably say the 0-0 draw with Swansea under ONeil. That game was dire pretty sure it was just before we signed Danny Graham.

been to a few haven't we?

Mine was Stoke was at home December last year.
Absolutely awful from the first kick until the last. Truly terrible.

Leicester at home under Ried.
I travelled 120 miles, getting beat 2v0 at half time and decided to leave at half time so I could be out on the town. Absolutely shocking first half.

Before we got back it was 2v2 and we were on fire according to the radio. Never ever left early since.

Any other memorable ones that stood out for being schocking?

Think you might mean Charlton instead of Leicester mate, although it didn't go 2-0 till second half.

Came back to the UK at Christmas 05 for a Holiday with the family for the first time since 1977 having emigrated in 64.
Went to the worst two games of my life at SOL, vs Bolton boxing day 0-0, BSA played and got the draw he wanted, the next week went to the Everton game and watched Cahill stick the knife in during ET.
Since been to some excellent days at SOL but when there are few and far between to can't help but remember the crap from the good

Loads under Mick Mc. I walked out of Blackburn at HT. Think it was 0-0, ended up getting beat. It was total dross.

0-3 against Wigan in the 3rd round of the cup, 2008 under Keane

Awful game. Was Jonny Evans first game back the second time round, he underhit a back pass that McShane booted in for an own goal. Their striker ran off doing backflips trying to claim it

Some of the cup crowd mongos booed Gordon in the 2nd half as well

Remember that, as a seagull shit right down me jacket walking to the game. Horrendous day :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back