The worst game at the SOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowers2

Striker
been to a few haven't we?

Mine was Stoke was at home December last year.
Absolutely awful from the first kick until the last. Truly terrible.

Leicester at home under Ried.
I travelled 120 miles, getting beat 2v0 at half time and decided to leave at half time so I could be out on the town. Absolutely shocking first half.

Before we got back it was 2v2 and we were on fire according to the radio. Never ever left early since.

Any other memorable ones that stood out for being schocking?

Everton at home. It was a boring awful match freezing cold and pissed down. 90th minute corner comes in and Cahill heads home. Never been so miserable from a match like that.

All league cup second round games. Atmosphere is always shite and full of people moaning cos they've come to the match for the first time for years and it's not 3-0 after 5mins.
on that very theme.... this ranks up there. what a miserable night.

*edit... ah bollocks. it was roker, of course.

Sunderland v Bolton, FA Cup replay in 2013.

We were losing 2-0 at Bolton and managed to bring it back to 2-2, so everyone was feeling confident of a home win. We just didn't turn up, did nothing of note during the match and got beat 2-0. The atmosphere was non-existant and it was a night match with minus temps and drizzle. Went home shivering, cheesed off and wondering why I bothered turning up.

Losing 4-1 to Palace a few seasons back. We were absolute dog shite. Stadium was empty for Wickhams goal but me dad made me stay till the end. What a cruel bas**rd
This and the previous game 0-4 v Villa.

I left after 73 minutes, first time ever. We park under the Echo, Asiana building and as I got to the car the roar was huge when Wickham scored.

Everton at home. It was a boring awful match freezing cold and pissed down. 90th minute corner comes in and Cahill heads home. Never been so miserable from a match like that.

Was that the 15 point season New Years Eve?

Painful if it was as a 0-0 draw against Everton with that hapless side would have been like a victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back