The worst game at the SOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Charlton game in 03 where we scored 3 own goals has to be at the top.

I remember a Monday or Tuesday night game against Swansea where Graham was being booed which was particularly tragic. Neither side had a shot on target all night.

90% of the Moyes reign, take your pick. I reckon the Southampton game, horrible pissing down cold day, and coming the week after beating Crystal Palace 4.0, getting brought back down to earth with a bang was a massive kick in the nads and all but confirmed relegation imo.

90% of the Moyes reign, take your pick. I reckon the Southampton game, horrible pissing down cold day, and coming the week after beating Crystal Palace 4.0, getting brought back down to earth with a bang was a massive kick in the nads and all but confirmed relegation imo.

They were still better than a lot of the 2005/06 seasons games

As already mentioned the 4-0 against Villa was truly tragic, Agbonlahor tearing O'Shea apart, Cattermole's pass to them. Left at 3-0 which was only 37 minutes in. The palace game a few games later was a bit more annoying as they left it to the 2nd half to completely give up.

The 3-1 loss against Stoke last season was shit anarl, they didn't even have to appear to try.

Leicester at home under Ried.
I travelled 120 miles, getting beat 2v0 at half time and decided to leave at half time so I could be out on the town. Absolutely shocking first half.

Before we got back it was 2v2 and we were on fire according to the radio. Never ever left early since.

This never happened

three 0 - 0 in a row under bruce were pretty bad in the freezing cold. fulham, wigan and another team i cant remember

The Villa and Palace games mentioned are up there in terms of disappointment for us. I'd also add in the Boxing Day 1-3 against Hull under Poyet. We were on a high after beating the Mags, they were injury hit and basically gifted us an early goal then we just capitulated.

Loads of dreadful 0-0s and 0-1s as well and even the odd win. The 1-0 win at home to Derby in the Keane era, with Stokes scoring a late scrambled winner, was particularly dull.

Almost any game I have seen in my time is the worst game I have seen. There are some good ones like the Capital One Cup games and the wins against the mags. But not many.

The Villa and Palace games mentioned are up there in terms of disappointment for us. I'd also add in the Boxing Day 1-3 against Hull under Poyet. We were on a high after beating the Mags, they were injury hit and basically gifted us an early goal then we just capitulated.

Loads of dreadful 0-0s and 0-1s as well and even the odd win. The 1-0 win at home to Derby in the Keane era, with Stokes scoring a late scrambled winner, was particularly dull.
that Villa game was horrific

The only game like that i can remember was charlton 01/02 when quinn scored a quick double after we were 2 down

Was only 1-0 at half time wasn't it? Sure they scored the second just before Quinn's double

We drew 0-0 with Fulham at home on a Sunday and it's the worst game I've been to. Can't remember a shot on target for either team but Zamora hit the bar towards the end

Sunderland 0-0 Fulham 2009/10.

It was a Sunday afternoon kickoff in shite rainy/overcast conditions.

That's the one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back