The worst game at the SOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Villa, Palace home hammerings recently.

Boro in possibly our first season? 0-3. Or maybe ball scored in injury time. 1-3.

Boxing day games have been a let down. Big gates, flat performances. Mainly defeats. Recall a nil nil on boxing day vs Blackburn. They missed an absolute sitter in injury time too.

Notts County in the fa Cup was utterly rubbish.

I remember a 0-3 home defeat against a pre-takeover Manchester City side in 2002-3 being particularly bad all around. As cold as I have ever been, an inept, gutless display, and it was on a Monday night on telly anyway. I was in the centre of the East Stand at the time, I was the only person lef in my row at the final whistle.

The own goal fest against Charlton......I've seen many dull games and horrible defeats but that just summed up the utter despair at the time.
This one for me too. I remember just sitting at half time in stunned disbelief. There were no words that could be applied to that performance to aptly describe it, and the mood of everyone there.

Sunderland 0 Sheffield Utd 0 - last game of he season after we had won the league by beating Bury and then Barnsley.

Nice to see the Champions clapped onto the pitch but the match was the worst 0 0 I have ever seen. I would not have cared but I had finally persuaded my lass (no) to go to a game. She agreed if only to see Quinny play, but he didn't. The only thing that happened was Alan Johnston hit the post.

She has never ever been to another match and never will - maybe for the best really ;)

Sunderland v Bolton, FA Cup replay in 2013.

We were losing 2-0 at Bolton and managed to bring it back to 2-2, so everyone was feeling confident of a home win. We just didn't turn up, did nothing of note during the match and got beat 2-0. The atmosphere was non-existant and it was a night match with minus temps and drizzle. Went home shivering, cheesed off and wondering why I bothered turning up.

Think Alonso played for them that game and remember thinking he looked classy. Should be a scout!

Jason koumas. Think it was the same season that millwall did us in the cup and palace did us in the play offs. 3 sickeners.

It's bad enough when you're sickened by only a draw, but then to have a kick in the bollocks like that.

Aye, Palace comes to mind aswell, Andy Johnson running round with his pretendy burger :evil:

One that sticks in the mind from last season:

Sunderland 2–3 Crystal Palace

unbelievable to be winning 2-0, and then just buckle in such a manner.

This summed up the Team, Moyes and the Season in one game.

Benteke's goal in the last minute left me speechless.

Can't believe this one wasn't mentioned sooner. Dreadful.

It's bad enough when you're sickened by only a draw, but then to have a kick in the bollocks like that.

Aye, Palace comes to mind aswell, Andy Johnson running round with his pretendy burger :evil:

Shipperley with the foul on Poom... furious still now

Never seen scenes like it at half time mind, people bouncing round the concourse in the premier concourse...

Think Alonso played for them that game and remember thinking he looked classy. Should be a scout!

Connor Wickham was amazing at the first leg in Bolton. I was really positive we'd found something special in him. Sadly it wasn't to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back