The Virtues

I guessed her killing the Mam as the twist as everyone would be expecting Joe to kill Nomad. Guessed Craig would hang him self but was 50/50 whether Joe would be the he man and forgive or kill him anyway.

Still like to know where the husband nicked off to though.

We had a night in last night and watched the final episode of this and then the final episode of Years & Years.

My other half was an emotional wreck and went to bed in bits.

Just watched the last episode today and can say I really enjoyed the whole series, yeah it might have been a bit slow but that's Meadows style.

Stephen Graham is a class actor like and I don't think I'd have enjoyed it as much if the lead role was played by someone else.

Meadows is definitely one of my favourite directors, possibly even my favourite to be fair so I'm pretty biased.

Na it was fairly obvious from the get go he’d been abused and was eaten up cos he sat and watched Joe get raped which meant he was off the hook from them. The guilt obviously ate him up over the years hence his break down.
I know, I just thought that might have been another twist as he could have been filling Joseph full of shit xx

I guessed the ending after she found out about the letters.
Me too, I thought at the very least the mother would get a f***ing battering as she ruined the girls life.

I think people are looking for something that isn't there with the husband. He will have been off doing something to do with graft and him being missing was simply to add to the drama, with his missus being in a panic as she searched for her brother.
Who knows, only Shane Meadows sadly - the rest is purely speculation.

We had a night in last night and watched the final episode of this and then the final episode of Years & Years.

My other half was an emotional wreck and went to bed in bits.
It wasn't the final episode of years and years btw, sure it's a 6 parter xx

I guessed her killing the Mam as the twist as everyone would be expecting Joe to kill Nomad. Guessed Craig would hang him self but was 50/50 whether Joe would be the he man and forgive or kill him anyway.

Still like to know where the husband nicked off to though.
Yup me too, I had the thought of him being one of the kiddies home lads, hence why Craig got his job ?

Last edited:
I know, I just thought that might have been another twist as he could have been filling Joseph full of shit xx

Me too, I thought at the very least the mother would get a f***ing battering as she ruined the girls life.

Who knows, only Shane Meadows sadly - the rest is purely speculation.

It wasn't the final episode of years and years btw, sure it's a 6 parter xx

Yup me too, I had the thought of him being one of the kiddies home lads, hence why Craig got his job ?

It’s a 6-parter you’re right.

It’s a 6-parter you’re right.

The 1st 3 were at a good steady pace but the fourth, as good as it was, was a bit too quick. Especially the 2nd half of the episode

Edit. Didn't realise you were on about another show, thought you meant this should have been a 6 parter, which I thought it should have

Last edited:
The blonde lass is a wad

She's been on telly quite a bit recently, often wearing less clothes. 'Mother, Father, Son' and 'The Bisexual' spring to mind.

Stephen Graham is a fantastic actor, don't think I've seen him in anuthing bad.

His career is really taking off now. He's in the new Scorsese film, 'The Irishman', with De Niro and Pacino!!

Comes across as a decent bloke too, very humble. Jodie Comer was singing his praises when she got her BAFTA the other week.

Last edited:
Watched the end of this and Chernobyl yesterday, two excellent programmes.

The Virtues was a particularly tough watch; amazingly well acted, especially by Steven Graham.

She's been on telly quite a bit recently, often wearing less clothes. 'Mother, Father, Son' and 'The Bisexual' spring to mind.

His career is really taking off now. He's in the new Scorsese film, 'The Irishman', with De Niro and Pacino!!

Comes across as a decent bloke too, very humble. Jodie Comer was singing his praises when she got her BAFTA the other week.

To be fair he was in Gangs of New York and Pirates of the Caribbean as well. Oh and Boardwalk Empire. I forgot about that.

And the video for I Remember by Deadmau5. :lol:

Not finished it, watched the first 2 and found it quite pretentious and up its own arse the way it was filmed

Might watch it as got fuck all else to do with this weather

Don't think he's ever struggled .Be a shame to suddenly be in everything and make some bad choices

It was decent but I thought the end was a bit predictable. From about half way through the last ep it was obvious that it was going to be a toss up between Stephen Graham and the blond lass as to which one was going to kill. And also that his work mate would top himself

Back