The Virtues

I never watched them. Certain things just don't peak my interest because of their miserableness.

Over the 3 series you seen a whole group of people's lives fall apart, featuring an abusive dad being back on the scene, and restart abusing his daughter and her mate, eventually being murdered with a hammer with his eldest daughter. Was also loads of adultery going on within a group of friends, everybody was fed up and all hated each other. Oh and somebody got addicted to smack and got date raped at an all night rave.
It was very depressing.

Over the 3 series you seen a whole group of people's lives fall apart, featuring an abusive dad being back on the scene, and restart abusing his daughter and her mate, eventually being murdered with a hammer with his eldest daughter. Was also loads of adultery going on within a group of friends, everybody was fed up and all hated each other. Oh and somebody got addicted to smack and got date raped at an all night rave.
It was very depressing.

Dodged a bullet there and I've read Thomas Hardy's Jude The Obscure:lol::lol:

Stick it out, it’s based on Medows’ young and troubled life - Graham is playing him as a adult and absorbing the aftermath - shocker of a story but worth watching, however grim it is...

It's brilliant. Basically like peering in one someone's life. People complaining its slow but that's how life often is. That's what adds to it all. The acting is top notch, can clearly tell its not all scripted.

Cracking program, but fuck all happening.

Tonight, gets pissed, gets punched, gets off with a lass and tells that old fella to fuck off

We got to see bits of what is behind the husbands sisters character and it pretty much confirmated child abuse at the home.

Last edited:
Most of Meadow's stuff is paced like this. It's ultra realism, as said above, like peering through a window into peoples lives. It's fantastic film making and Shane is amazing with actors and getting intense performances out of them. This is England 86-88 are up there with my favourite TV shows of all time.

Anyone expecting it to build towards something huge will be disappointed. I remember watching the film This Is England with a group of mates; All of them were completely gripped and hanging onto every word. I left before the end. The next day I said "This is England is a f**king good film right? What did you think in the end?"

They said they hated it. It was rubbish. They hoped it was going to build towards a massive fight between the skinheads and the asians, like some kind of war film FFS. :lol:

It's brilliant. Basically like peering in one someone's life. People complaining its slow but that's how life often is. That's what adds to it all. The acting is top notch, can clearly tell its not all scripted.

We got to see bits of what is behind the husbands sisters character and it pretty much confirmated child abuse at the home.

True

Thought the third rescued it a bit
The pissed in the car and settee chat were class
His sister's character was class when she caught them
Dark humour
It definitely needed that break from the gloom and the actress playing his sister did a cracking job. In fact the acting of Stephen Graham, the two women and the bloke who was in the home with him has been exemplary.

Back