The vaccine thread

Doing well but need to get moving on the second doses, what is so far c6%
Yeah around that

We have gone from 30% to 80% in what feels like a few weeks and second dose timings have gone from 16 to 8 weeks recently

I reckon we will be through this first phase by mid to end August with everyone who wants it will have had 2 doses

BC have their roadmap and we look like getting back to fairly normal mid July then full removal of restrictions September so fits with that timing

did you find out anything?
Yes. They are currently researching whether vaccines can be mixed. Early results are that they are more effective (mixing AZ with Pfizer). This shouldn't be a surprise as Pfizer has a higher efficacy. She said you can't just request that though. Different venues also have different vaccines. The Nightingale in Washington has AZ only at the moment.

Anyway, I decided to just get my second jab of AZ in the end and take the risk. If I die I'd recommend nobody else on this forum get AZ.

Yes. They are currently researching whether vaccines can be mixed. Early results are that they are more effective (mixing AZ with Pfizer). This shouldn't be a surprise as Pfizer has a higher efficacy. She said you can't just request that though. Different venues also have different vaccines. The Nightingale in Washington has AZ only at the moment.

Anyway, I decided to just get my second jab of AZ in the end and take the risk. If I die I'd recommend nobody else on this forum get AZ.

Good luck! I'm 3 weeks in on second and still here

got my 2nd AZ tonight - moved it forward a week

the Nightingale was absolutely rammed - was a massively scaled-up operation compared to when I got my 1st one as well. They had a sign up saying they’d done 120k (or thereabouts) by 1st of June

Hoping once this covid stuff is put to bed they move into a vaccine for hayfever. Would quite happily trade fertility and/or the sight in one eye for it.

Back