The vaccine thread

Had the Pfizer one today at Morpeth, arm feels fine just a slight ache in a very small part of the muscle
I had my second pfizer last night around 5. Started feeling a bit shit this afternoon about 2 o’clock. Not ill like just aching a bit, fuzzy heed and the usual sore arm.. Only got the sore arm after the first one. Never mind still worth it and I should be better for an epic bank hol piss session 👍

Last edited:

Does anyone know what the yellow cards are like for the second az dose?

If someone was a risk or had a reaction from the first for the first, are they equally as likely to be at the same level of risk for the second? (I appreciate they probably wouldn't have the same vaccine again).

On a similar note if someone had no clotting issues are they likely to have none the second time or is the risk the same?

Does anyone know what the yellow cards are like for the second az dose?

If someone was a risk or had a reaction from the first for the first, are they equally as likely to be at the same level of risk for the second? (I appreciate they probably wouldn't have the same vaccine again).

On a similar note if someone had no clotting issues are they likely to have none the second time or is the risk the same?
Complete pot luck on the minor issues, doesn't seem to be a noticeable correlation between first and second dose symptoms. Seem to recall the blood clot thing was mainly first doses, that was from a few weeks ago though.

Appreciate that mate but I'm not taking the risk.

I was quite ill after the first one. I've had covid twice too, so I'm likely to be as protected as anyone on earth.

My friend is actually running the vaccine programme in the North East (Newcastle hub mainly) so I've asked her if it's possible for me to get a different vaccine.

I'm not taking an undue risk to tick off that I've been fully vaccinated when in reality I'm fully protected and could have another vaccine.

@mux thought it best to ask you on this thread rather than other. If you find out about getting different second vaccine can you let me know. I had my second 11 days ago and I am 34 but my wife is too worried about second so would be good to know if possible to get a different one.

@mux thought it best to ask you on this thread rather than other. If you find out about getting different second vaccine can you let me know. I had my second 11 days ago and I am 34 but my wife is too worried about second so would be good to know if possible to get a different one.
So far in the UK no mix and match of vaccines is available outside of clinical trials.

I cannot find the actual stats to back this up but for anyone who has received the first AZ vaccine and is concerned about the second. The risk of a serious side affect are significantly lower than the first.

I'll find out today and let you know mate.

Looks like the ability to recognise the virus and quickly create anti-bodies should be for life.

Should apply to those immune systems trained from the vaccines too.
That is good news.

I’ve had a terrible response to the second Pfizer jab (probably). Started feeling unwell soon afterwards and a week later have joint swelling, rashes and feel totally drained. I was worried it may be onset of some autoimmune disorder (eg rheumatoid arthritis?) or something but saw doctor today who though Pfizer more likely to blame. Having bloods tomorrow but really in a bad way a week later. Curious if it is Pfizer because the reaction seems incredibly inflammatory which is similar to what covid does.

25.3 million now fully vaccinated according to BBC
I’ve had a terrible response to the second Pfizer jab (probably). Started feeling unwell soon afterwards and a week later have joint swelling, rashes and feel totally drained. I was worried it may be onset of some autoimmune disorder (eg rheumatoid arthritis?) or something but saw doctor today who though Pfizer more likely to blame. Having bloods tomorrow but really in a bad way a week later. Curious if it is Pfizer because the reaction seems incredibly inflammatory which is similar to what covid does.
When I had my second Pfizer jab I was warned that side effects could be worse than for first
theres been million advese reactions in england from the jabs, and god knows how many more to come if worst comes to worst and long term side effects happen

Link please

Last edited:

Back