The Super spoilery Star Wars : The Last Jedi spoilers thread *don't even put your mouse over it*

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s a great plot

That's your defence?

Care to explain why the First Order fanny about not destroying the Resistance because "they'll soon run out of fuel" even though they're going nowhere, but Finn and Rose are allowed to fuck off halfway across the galaxy and back again?

Or why the only solution for getting away from the First Order is to nip on their ship and destroy their reactor or whatever (by this time in the film I was struggling to give a shit), and there happens to be only one person in the galaxy who can help? Someone we've never heard of before?

Kids love it aye, but they're kids and they don't question huge plot holes. They're easily pleased. As it seems are quite a few grown-ups.

That's your defence?

Care to explain why the First Order fanny about not destroying the Resistance because "they'll soon run out of fuel" even though they're going nowhere, but Finn and Rose are allowed to fuck off halfway across the galaxy and back again?

Or why the only solution for getting away from the First Order is to nip on their ship and destroy their reactor or whatever (by this time in the film I was struggling to give a shit), and there happens to be only one person in the galaxy who can help? Someone we've never heard of before?

Kids love it aye, but they're kids and they don't question huge plot holes. They're easily pleased. As it seems are quite a few grown-ups.
Which fails, by the way. And is a massive waste of time.

Which fails, by the way. And is a massive waste of time.
I suppose it served to shoehorn Benicio del Toro in. I like the guy as an actor by the way, but I don't give a flying fuck if he pops up in a Star Wars film or not, as long as the character makes sense. It didn't.

Ditto Captain Phasma (what a shite name FFS). Never having bothered with Game of Thrones having kind of grown out of sword and sorcery bollocks like most normal people when I was a kid, I hadn't the slightest idea who Gwendoline Christie is. Even if I had, I wouldn't have cared about writing a part just so she can be in the film. A part which, like Snoke, is now over and utterly pointless.

Snoke, don't get me started on him. Who is he? Who was he? Where did he come from to suddenly be the most powerful man in the galaxy? Well we'll never know now and never need to know, because he was killed halfway through the film. I might have cared more had I known more about him, but as I didn't he's just this year's General Grievous.

That, incidentally, was a brave dramatic move and an interesting idea. Problem is, it wasn't followed through at all and so made no sense whatsoever. A bit like 90% of this turd of a film.

I suppose it served to shoehorn Benicio del Toro in. I like the guy as an actor by the way, but I don't give a flying fuck if he pops up in a Star Wars film or not, as long as the character makes sense. It didn't.

Ditto Captain Phasma (what a shite name FFS). Never having bothered with Game of Thrones having kind of grown out of sword and sorcery bollocks like most normal people when I was a kid, I hadn't the slightest idea who Gwendoline Christie is. Even if I had, I wouldn't have cared about writing a part just so she can be in the film. A part which, like Snoke, is now over and utterly pointless.

Snoke, don't get me started on him. Who is he? Who was he? Where did he come from to suddenly be the most powerful man in the galaxy? Well we'll never know now and never need to know, because he was killed halfway through the film. I might have cared more had I known more about him, but as I didn't he's just this year's General Grievous.

That, incidentally, was a brave dramatic move and an interesting idea. Problem is, it wasn't followed through at all and so made no sense whatsoever. A bit like 90% of this turd of a film.
I felt like that with Rose. I'd head some interesting things about a new character, bolshy female that didn't fit the mould. Turns out there was no character delevlopment, I know nowt about her and don't really care enough about her either. There was absolutely no chemistry between her and Finn (if you think back to ESB and the chemistry there, it's shocking to compare).

It's a huge disappointment after the TFA....JJ set EP8 up quite nicely for Johnston to act as if it never exisisted. Knights of Ren and no saber to saber combat were biggest gripes on top of a poorly disjointed storyline with most characters killed off. Personally i think the Rey's parents are nobodies is a red herring, JJ will make something of it and hopefully the Knights of Ren back too.. On a plus point, the score was tremendous....Hats off to Williams.

Watched it last night.

I wonder how far into the editing they were when Fisher died, I’m sure by must have gone back and thought how can we kill her off here, but it was probably too late. Will be interesting to see how it’s dealt with. I do like the thought that the next film will be all about the new generation, especially with the little kid with the broom symbolising an untapped Jedi mass out there waiting to become rebels.

I'm not sure the kid with the broom was setting up E9, I have a feeling that was laying the initial steps for the new, non Skywalker, trilogy Disney have recently announced Johnson is doing for them.

Snoke will be a future stand alone film, imo

Start canny
Middle pretty poor and pointless
Last 3rd quality

Preferred the force awakens and i have to say what a f***ing poor way to kill of one of the greatest cinema chracters of all time

@BIG BAZ asked me the significance of the kid picking up the broom at the end, On second viewing he doesn’t pick the broom up he holds out his hand and the broom goes to his hand.
That did confuse me tbf, though he seemed to force pull it to himself

Start canny
Middle pretty poor and pointless
Last 3rd quality

Preferred the force awakens and i have to say what a f***ing poor way to kill of one of the greatest cinema chracters of all time
Nah i thought that was the right way to end

Seen it twice and still can't decide on whether it's shit or alright.

WTF was James Corden an xwing pilot???

Luke left to die but left a map of his whereabouts....

Where were the other Jedis that Kylo took with him??

Snoke was massively under played for me.

Force ghosts still able to physically use the force was piss poor.

That's your defence?

I thought it was explained quite adequately in the film?
They can’t jump because the FO can follow them, but they can stay out of range (presumably from a pounding sufficient to overcome the shields). If they run out of fuel they will he caught and destroyed, as per the medical frigate. Finn and rose are allowed to leave cos they are after the cruiser and not bothered about a shuttle. Or do you mean allowed by the rebellion? Why wouldn’t they be?

I thought it was explained quite adequately in the film?
They can’t jump because the FO can follow them, but they can stay out of range (presumably from a pounding sufficient to overcome the shields). If they run out of fuel they will he caught and destroyed, as per the medical frigate. Finn and rose are allowed to leave cos they are after the cruiser and not bothered about a shuttle. Or do you mean allowed by the rebellion? Why wouldn’t they be?
How? They don't move an inch.

I'm going to go see it again. At first I was sat there disappointed and it wasn't until the last scene did it make me realise that although theres loads of shit bits, Disney is doing well moving the story on. It was the seemingly insignificant lad right at the end that tied it all together for me.

Luke Skywalker knows his bloodline can't resist the dark side of the force. They are powerful as fuck, but can't fully resist the dark side. Luke being strongly tempted to bin off Ben being the final nail in the coffin. He realises that the Jedi have failed. The force in which they/he knows, teaches and learns is flawed. There has been constantly struggle between the light and the dark side of the force most of his life and thousands of years before that.

Rey's parentage was disappointing at first, but again it made sense. She's not a Skywalker and Luke thinks two Skywalkers are all that remain of the Jedi. She's your average lass that happens to be Force sensitive and capable of resisting the dark side. We were meant to assume Rey was Luke's daughter cos she has a strong attraction to the Force. Disney has mugged us off. I think Luke begins to realise that as a non-Skywalker, he can die off along with the ancient Jedi teachings* and the Jedi (Rey) can begin anew in an imagine a non-Skywalker sees fit, because the old way failed.

Cut right to end and we see that random kid again. He walks out of that building and uses the Force to bring the broom to his hand. There are Force sensitive beings out there, sowed into the seeds of the rebellion and theres hope the Jedi can continue in a galaxy without any Skywalkers to inevitably fuck things up.

I think it's a bit obvious Luke will be back as a Force ghost to teach Rey a few bits and bobs.

*I do realise the old books were on the Falcon and obviously nicked by Rey.

How? They don't move an inch.
Aye they do. They are all giving it beans but the star destroyer isn’t fast enough to close the gap. That’s why you see the medical frigate fall behind into the range of the big guns when it’s fuel runs out. They are probably doing several hundred knots but you have no reference point so it doesn’t look like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back