The Metro between Newcastle Central and - roughly - East Boldon

Status
Not open for further replies.

As mentioned the stretch between monument along to north shields (via wallsend) is grim as owt. Easily the worst section of the network for me.

Manors is possibly the most pointless station on the whole metty - apart from the odd student going to northumbria uni commuting in from the coast I don't see what other purpose it serves, always looks deserted.

Let ya off then.

On Friday my metro got held up at East Boldon cos some pisspot had collapsed and they had to call an ambulance for them. 3pm this was, so I get your point.
seen her and I presume the young lad was with her-they were certainly not from EB:lol:
An ambulance staff of 2 and 2 coppers managed to get her off the platform to the ambulance with her shoes off (must have been a Mag;)) while she was wailing and shouting/swearing. The lad seemed to be ok mind and Copper/ambulance staff seemed to be having a decent chat with him. I assume she had been put off a metro after becoming "ill" and services called to meet her?

Last edited:
I think I must. How many times and at what times do you travel along this route?

Matchdays, and the occasional other Saturday if I’m going to Sunderland.

Usually at its worst when coming back from the match from 7pm onwards.

Although I’ve seen similar sorts getting on in the morning, including a young-ish Scouser swigging a bottle of white wine and lighting a roll up.

If you ever have the misfortune of getting the Metro after the mags have been at home, you get to see the plastic Whitburn mags get off at Seaburn.

They are right up there with Darlo mags in terms of being embarrassing. Desperate as fuck to be part of the Geordie nation, yet no one respects them.

Until I moved to The Riviera I lived for 54 years in Whitburn. I only know of two Newcastle supporters from Whitburn, and one of them is dead. I don't know who you are referring to, maybe the South Bents lot?

Matchdays, and the occasional other Saturday if I’m going to Sunderland.

Usually at its worst when coming back from the match from 7pm onwards.

Although I’ve seen similar sorts getting on in the morning, including a young-ish Scouser swigging a bottle of white wine and lighting a roll up.

I really must see the region in a more rose tinted light because i have gone to the match many many times on the metro and see very few smackheads.

I use it twice daily and there is the odd crank but it's nowt like is being portrayed here.

agreed.

nowt more awkward than when on the metro and a complete wrongun gets on

I used to use the Metro to get to and from work in Newcastle a few years back. One time I was on the way home and had a window seat with a spare seat beside me. I was facing a young lass who also had a spare seat beside her. At Gateshead Stadium two proper wrang'uns aged about 30 got on with open cans of Special Brew and a lit cigarette each. Naturally they sat beside me and the lass opposite, who looked terrified. From the snippets of slurred conversation between the two wrang'uns that I could decipher, I gleaned that they were recently out of prison, and from the openly provocative way they were swigging their beer and blowing tab smoke about, they were in the mood for some sport. I decided that above all I should not make eye contact so stared steadfastly out of my window, as did the young lass. So the train passed through Felling and Heworth without incident before the wrang'uns disembarked at Pelaw, to everyone's obvious relief.

None of the passengers told them they couldn't drink or smoke on the Metro that day!

I really must see the region in a more rose tinted light because i have gone to the match many many times on the metro and see very few smackheads.

Nothing to do with ‘the region’. I lived in the North West before moving back up which was - in the main - far worse for this sort of thing.

I see very few people in that kind of state in Sunderland itself, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back