The Metro between Newcastle Central and - roughly - East Boldon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had no bother myself but saw plenty of wrong'uns knocking about. Constantly asking for used tickets and checking the tops of the machines.
Pelaw gets a lot of that, spenks trying to sell used tickets...

until they start taking Apple Pay they get fcuk all off me, so far they take it in good spirits...

I hadn't used the metro for years until I caught it to get back from Newcastle airport.
Much easier than driving and doesn't take that much longer.
I'm getting it later today for a fast and convenient trip to the airport. Nee bother

Back in the day the stops were Newcastle, Gateshead East, Felling, Pelaw, Boldon Colliery and East Boldon. (then Seaburn, Monkwearmouth, Sunderland). Whats the game with all these new names?

When I was back home in the summer I accidentally got the South Shields-bound Metro back from Newcastle instead of the South Hylton-bound Metro late one night. Luckily I realised around Gateshead but it meant I had to get off at Pelaw and change to the right train. OP is right. The type of people milling around who bring their settee out in front of their house when it's a sunny day. Women with pushchairs and you're not sure if there's a baby in it or they're just using it to transport a few slabs of Carling. Blokes with trackies tucked in to their socks playing noise from the speaker on their phone.

It was a scary but I avoided all eye contact and I managed to make it back to Fulwell alive.

You’ve started this thread like it’s a surprise to you that the majority of South Tyneside is a shit tip. Who didn’t know that already?
Most of the stops are in Gateshead.

When I was back home in the summer I accidentally got the South Shields-bound Metro back from Newcastle instead of the South Hylton-bound Metro late one night. Luckily I realised around Gateshead but it meant I had to get off at Pelaw and change to the right train. OP is right. The type of people milling around who bring their settee out in front of their house when it's a sunny day. Women with pushchairs and you're not sure if there's a baby in it or they're just using it to transport a few slabs of Carling. Blokes with trackies tucked in to their socks playing noise from the speaker on their phone.

It was a scary but I avoided all eye contact and I managed to make it back to Fulwell alive.
Change at Heworth. Not Pelaw. Never get off at Pelaw.

Last edited:
If you ever have the misfortune of getting the Metro after the mags have been at home, you get to see the plastic Whitburn mags get off at Seaburn.

They are right up there with Darlo mags in terms of being embarrassing. Desperate as fuck to be part of the Geordie nation, yet no one respects them.

I hadn't used the metro for years until I caught it to get back from Newcastle airport.
Much easier than driving and doesn't take that much longer.
I'm getting it later today for a fast and convenient trip to the airport. Nee bother
I've got to take it to the airport early on Wednesday morning. I'm dreading it.

Pelaw is a desolate wasteland.

I go to a client in Pelaw and use Metro. There are new flats near the metro that seem fine, modern Aldi and Lidl next to each other some decent older houses and a metro into Newcastle every few minutes.

I would consider moving there if I was coming to the area. At the Monument 30 minutes door to door.

Not sure what people expect from areas in the north east.

I go to a client in Pelaw and use Metro. There are new flats near the metro that seem fine, modern Aldi and Lidl next to each other some decent older houses and a metro into Newcastle every few minutes.

I would consider moving there if I was coming to the area. At the Monument 30 minutes door to door.

Not sure what people expect from areas in the north east.
There's plenty of nice areas around there, but Pelaw Metro is always crawling with charvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back