The Metro between Newcastle Central and - roughly - East Boldon

Live close to two metro stations and have used it for years.Without a doubt the worst stretch on the line is east of Manors towards North Shields.Did this for a bit via work.

Gateshead and Felling stops are high for ronkers like

I'm on about drunk tramps, beggars on crack and spice - they're there round the clock. Seen one pissing in the station on the floor and a wifey pissing on Gotham steps at lunchtime.
Basically if you like seeing folk in tracksuits pissing and shitting in public Central Station's a great spot

Once you get up the steps from Monument on a night tends to be canny bad. I think there’s a soup kitchen around there.

There are certain stops where you know scumbags will get on/off.

Around 3 years ago, I was out on a Friday after work and I got the metro home around 9. Two absolute c unts got on at Gateshead stadium and started to pick on two quiet lads sitting in the corner. Being the decent chap I am, I told them to behave and had to endure a crappy 5 mins until they fucked off at Pelaw.
Hate the metro after 9 on a weekend.

The chavs just descend on it causing bother

:lol: Only joking mate. You might be able to answer a question however, is the greyhound getting a makeover inside? Or are they just sticking a new sign up outside?

It's been done out. It's 1 big room now instead of bar and lounge. It's actually nice now. Same people have that as the Lakeside I believe

Live close to two metro stations and have used it for years.Without a doubt the worst stretch on the line is east of Manors towards North Shields.Did this for a bit via work.

Gateshead and Felling stops are high for ronkers like

I’ve only used that aforementioned once, to get to Tyne Bank Brewery.

Used to get the metro to work in Felling. Often some interesting characters about, International Stadium was usually worse though. Weird as the new builds next to it aren't too bad.

Bit between Shields and Wallsend ain't great either but that's low income areas for you. Be the same all over the country.

Used to get the metro to work in Felling. Often some interesting characters about, Internatiomal Stadium is usually worse though.

Bit between Shields and Wallsend ain't great either.
Riding the metro between the bright lights of Sunderland and Newcastle must be like what it was like riding the rail roads through the Wild West.

I'm on about drunk tramps, beggars on crack and spice - they're there round the clock. Seen one pissing in the station on the floor and a wifey pissing on Gotham steps at lunchtime.
Basically if you like seeing folk in tracksuits pissing and shitting in public Central Station's a great spot

I got on the Metro at Central yesterday and it seemed a bit ott to have four ticket inspectors at a station with barriers. Same at Haymarket and Monument.

I got on the Metro at Central yesterday and it seemed a bit ott to have four ticket inspectors at a station with barriers. Same at Haymarket and Monument.

Some bairns got on at Haymarket yesterday as I was going through and as if by magic a load of inspectors got on at West Jesmond. The bairns scarpered.

Mate, even now I’m still shocked I wasn’t glassed. One of the twats twice went to use his bottle of wine as a weapon and twice I managed to stop him.
Had loads of bother on it in the past. Usually coming back from the match to Newcastle.

Once had to intervene in a charva harassing a lass. He pulled a knife on me. Shit my pants but went windmilling and the little scrote ran off at Pelaw.

I’ve also woke up at the airport more times than I care to remember after falling asleep on it :oops:

I’ve never found anything wrong with Fellgate like, it’s the station I get a lift to if I need to use the metro - or Gateshead if I have to get the bus to the metro station. Pelaw seems a popular stop for scruffy charvers.

We went drinking round Whitley Bay/Monkseaton way a couple of months back and got the metro back into town, now that stops at some proper holes along the north bank of the Tyne in Newcastle’s east end.

Back