The Mandalorian.

Episode 3.......Kenobi and Vader meet, Vader defeats him easily, Kenobi ends up burnt, force users heal him.....

Nailed on! ;)

Gender politics, "Strong independent women", bait and switch!

That chase scene in the forest was one of the most pathetic SW scenes I’ve ever seen. When the bloke runs into the branch, man…😂😂😂😂
Just laughably bad. can't think of a worse piece of tele in the last few years. Both chase scenes as well!

SPOILERS

Why have they got a kid who is so young playing Leia?
How does that random Jedi follow Kenobi into the desert without him Knowing?
How does Reva know Vader was Anakin?
If it was so easy for Reva to bait Kenobi, why the hell could Vader not think of such an obvious plan?
Why is Reva allowed to get away to talking to the grand inquisitor like that?
How does Kenobi expect to be able to defend Luke when he is basically forgot how to use the force properly?

I love McGregor as Obi wan, but this show is terrible. It's just objectively terrible television where characters just make stupid decision after stupid decision and then things work out through coincidence and luck. Reva's Character is just a modern stereotype that is injected into most show or films these days and it appears this show was just written to appeal to young kids.

Yeah, I don't like it but I'll keep watching in the hope it will improve and they do Kenobi justice but let's be honest it's unlikely. :cry:

Hadn’t thought of that, there’ll be some legs getting smacked back at Mickey Mouse Towers

Logon or register to see this image
Reva is a Force user the Emperor found living on the street. She also knows the truth about Darth Vader, information reserved for a select few in the galaxy; Reva knows Darth Vader was and is Anakin Skywalker. How would she know that, though, since Palpatine and Vader don’t share that fact with anyone?

Well, she likely knows the same way Obi-Wan and Yoda know. The Third Sister was at the Jedi Temple during Order 66. She either saw Anakin kill her fellow Jedi or saw the recording of his crimes. That’s why she has such hatred for Obi-Wan. She was a Padawan who escaped Order 66. But Reva survived the massacre only to see her and her friends hunted. She survived only to find herself without a home or a mentor, her faith in everything she had once believed in destroyed.

Just my thoughts on it.... or something I copy and pasted off some nerd page 🤭

Reva is a Force user the Emperor found living on the street. She also knows the truth about Darth Vader, information reserved for a select few in the galaxy; Reva knows Darth Vader was and is Anakin Skywalker. How would she know that, though, since Palpatine and Vader don’t share that fact with anyone?

Well, she likely knows the same way Obi-Wan and Yoda know. The Third Sister was at the Jedi Temple during Order 66. She either saw Anakin kill her fellow Jedi or saw the recording of his crimes. That’s why she has such hatred for Obi-Wan. She was a Padawan who escaped Order 66. But Reva survived the massacre only to see her and her friends hunted. She survived only to find herself without a home or a mentor, her faith in everything she had once believed in destroyed.

An impressive display of the mental gymnastics needed to fill gaps in the narrative

The lass who plays her was great in Altered Carbon Season 2, a great character actor. No chance of seeing that with Reva 😄

Last edited:

Surely she'd be dead if it was even suspected that she could know that though? I thought she could read minds at first but then why couldn't she read Owen's mind when she unbelievably picked the one person in the whole of the town that knew about Kenobi and Luke to threaten. :lol:

Surely she'd be dead if it was even suspected that she could know that though? I thought she could read minds at first but then why couldn't she read Owen's mind when she unbelievably picked the one person in the whole of the town that knew about Kenobi and Luke to threaten. :lol:
I don't know mate, I don't think about them in that much detail 😂

She knows Ben is Obi Wan, at least by the time of ANH. Her message is for Obi Wan Kenobi but when Like goes to rescue her he says I'm here with Ben Kenobi.
Am I missing something here? Can't see the issue - she doesn't know Kenobi until he rescues her, then in ANH she says "Years ago, you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire."

The Clone Wars was a massive event and it's her dad that wants his help. Not sure why she'd mention Kenobi rescuing her as a reason to fight the Empire rather than this?

They either won’t give a monkeys or they’ll introduce an element of her losing her memory, a bonk on the head or have her forget as she grows up, like the end of Mad Max 2 😄
Princess Leia isn't in Mad Max silly head ;)

Maybe she seen the Prequal films back when they first came out.

The scene where he’s in a giant factory cutting chunks of meat off a giant carcass must be what it’s like working for Disney making these spin-offs.

They’ve taken a chunk of dead space from the Star Wars franchise and filled it out with tropes like sassy child, cute robot, psychotic villain, boss that only pays half wages, angry relatives and hods of callbacks to the original films.

Since I first clapped eyes on him in Shallow Grave, Ewan McGregor has always come across a bit smarmy. Thankfully getting old has made him more miserable and dare I say likeable.

I like how he’s feeble and his force powers are shite, it means you don’t know how the fight scenes will work out.

Moses Ingram is a canny actress wasted on a 2 dimensional baddie. Kumail Nanjiani is the usual, not very funny and a bit shit.

Enough to keep watching but not as great/bad as everyone’s making out.
There was a part in one of the long way series with Charlie boorman where they went to the place in Tunisia that new hope was filmed and nobody recognised him. You could see he was gutted! 🤣

Princess Leia isn't in Mad Max silly head ;)
The sheer number of people wearing gonk masks in that film means I’ll never be sure 😄
There was a part in one of the long way series with Charlie boorman where they went to the place in Tunisia that new hope was filmed and nobody recognised him. You could see he was gutted! 🤣
Makes me want to watch Long Way Down for the first time ever 😄

Am I missing something here? Can't see the issue - she doesn't know Kenobi until he rescues her, then in ANH she says "Years ago, you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire."

The Clone Wars was a massive event and it's her dad that wants his help. Not sure why she'd mention Kenobi rescuing her as a reason to fight the Empire rather than this?
She didn’t actually meet Kenobi in ANH, only saw him right at the end of the rescue at a distance as he fell.

It does feel like a bit of story that has been forced in that didn’t need to be.

The first episode was slow, but understandable scene setting. I did think the second was better and had a bit of a Blade Runner feel to it.

Back