The Mandalorian.

The recap really shows how good some of the prequels were. Theres a good story and some great scenes hidden amongst the overall mess
Shows how good the prequels could have been. As time passes I hate them less though and actually don’t mind Revenge of the Sith these days.

Watched the first 2 episodes thought they were class like, wounded that its only gonna be a limited series and i hope thats just until they get the viewer numbers to comission another series later, better than Bobba and on par with the start of mandalorian imho

Watched the first 2 episodes thought they were class like, wounded that its only gonna be a limited series and i hope thats just until they get the viewer numbers to comission another series later, better than Bobba and on par with the start of mandalorian imho
I thought there was scope for more, but then think about what they would do - it’s only 7 years to rogue one & he’s meant to be living the quiet life watching over Luke.

jimmy schmidt even says himself, this is one last fight…

The scene where he’s in a giant factory cutting chunks of meat off a giant carcass must be what it’s like working for Disney making these spin-offs.

They’ve taken a chunk of dead space from the Star Wars franchise and filled it out with tropes like sassy child, cute robot, psychotic villain, boss that only pays half wages, angry relatives and hods of callbacks to the original films.

Since I first clapped eyes on him in Shallow Grave, Ewan McGregor has always come across a bit smarmy. Thankfully getting old has made him more miserable and dare I say likeable.

I like how he’s feeble and his force powers are shite, it means you don’t know how the fight scenes will work out.

Moses Ingram is a canny actress wasted on a 2 dimensional baddie. Kumail Nanjiani is the usual, not very funny and a bit shit.

Enough to keep watching but not as great/bad as everyone’s making out.

Last edited:
The scene where he’s in a giant factory cutting chunks of meat off a giant carcass must be what it’s like working for Disney making these spin-offs.

They’ve taken a chunk of dead space from the Star Wars franchise and filled it out with tropes like sassy child, cute robot, psychotic villain, boss that only pays half wages, angry relatives and hods of callbacks to the original films.

Since I first clapped eyes on him in Shallow Grave, Ewan McGregor has always come across a bit smarmy. Thankfully getting old has made him more miserable and dare I say likeable.

I like how he’s feeble and his force powers are shite, it means you don’t know how the fight scenes will work out.

Moses Ingram is a canny actress wasted on a 2 dimensional baddie. Kumail Nanjiani is the usual, not very funny and a bit shit.

Ewan's cousin is/was absolutely stunning. A real Scottish bonnie lass. Forgot her name, did some acting, then photography. Used to speak to her years ago.

So, is this any good then la?

Ewan's cousin is/was absolutely stunning. A real Scottish bonnie lass. Forgot her name, did some acting, then photography. Used to speak to her years ago.

So, is this any good then la?
Wedge Antilles is his uncle, that also makes no difference

Last edited:
Well I enjoyed the first two episodes of Obi Wan Kenobi, the bairn ran off upstairs during the second one as he was sure there was going to be a flashback to the Mustafa duel FFS.
I've told him I might have to watch them on my own as he was literally scrolling through the scenes preview to check and it was pissing me off :lol::confused:

Shows how good the prequels could have been. As time passes I hate them less though and actually don’t mind Revenge of the Sith these days.

I think Lucas had a brilliant idea and a good overall vision of what they were supposed to be, but just didn’t have skill to properly write and direct to execute them as they should have been done. Also there appears to have been much more emphasis on making huge battles etc to sell Lego sets with those prequels which doesn’t help.

I would even go as far as saying Christensens acting works perfectly. Makes Anakin looks extremely fragile

Yeah agree with this.
Really wished they kept Leia out of it completely, there's so many more unseen characters in the Universe they could have built the story around.
I'll keep watching but it's no Mando (yet), of course the imminent arrival of a certain Sith Lord may well benefit the show greatly.

I think Lucas had a brilliant idea and a good overall vision of what they were supposed to be, but just didn’t have skill to properly write and direct to execute them as they should have been done. Also there appears to have been much more emphasis on making huge battles etc to sell Lego sets with those prequels which doesn’t help.

I would even go as far as saying Christensens acting works perfectly. Makes Anakin looks extremely fragile
Did a great awkward teenager, a decent cocky one but when he started shouting it all fell apart
Yeah agree with this.
Really wished they kept Leia out of it completely, there's so many more unseen characters in the Universe they could have built the story around.
I'll keep watching but it's no Mando (yet), of course the imminent arrival of a certain Sith Lord may well benefit the show greatly.
Agreed. Leia’s message in A New Hope was “you helped my family in the clone wars” not “thanks for the rescue when I was ten”

Last edited:

Back