The Mandalorian.

perhaps a bit too much over thinking going on for a classic Saturday teatime entertainment show...
Disagree. You can break anything down using that logic, why make anything good it's only daft entertainment at the end of the day.

This should have been a film quality show which focused on Obi wan coming to terms with losing everything and adapting to life on Tatooine watching over Luke. Instead we have a goofy terribly written joke of a show that doesn't seem to care about cannon that some people are giving a pass to because it's star wars or something.
Diabolical retcon if Vader and Obi-Wan meet in this.
It's stupid but and they've still fucked it up by making Obi wan a bumbling idiot who can't fight or use the force but they'll play on the conversation that they had before Vader tries to kill Obi wan. 'Something like I left you I was but the learner but now I am the master'. You can tell what it actually means but they'll twist it to fit their narrative.

Last edited:
Instead we have a goofy terribly written joke of a show that doesn't seem to care about cannon that some people are giving a pass to because it's star wars or something.
😂😂😂 It’s a superficial, easy going, kids show that’s fun to watch.

I’m pleased they’re not all tangled up in trying to please the unpleasable.

The Mandolaorian was good. The Book of Boba Fett was a bit weak (apart from the Mandalorian bits).

This is good again. Loads of holes but wholesome fun, just like the originals. Hope it continues to be as good fun.

😂😂😂 It’s a superficial, easy going, kids show that’s fun to watch.

I’m pleased they’re not all tangled up in trying to please the unpleasable.

The Mandolaorian was good. The Book of Boba Fett was a bit weak (apart from the Mandalorian bits).

This is good again. Loads of holes but wholesome fun, just like the originals. Hope it continues to be as good fun.
Well, if you turn off your brain then I suppose you could justify half of what happens. It’s objectively terrible in pretty much everything it does though.

This show is terrible even if it was just a kids show but it's not just a kids show, it's star wars and Kenobi so it should be held to a high standard. This is an original character and they should produce something that okay for kids and adults to watch. You don't care and that's fair enough but just because you don't doesn't mean other people feel the same and this far from a superficial character, he has years of books films and cartoons that create depth and lore around him.

Please the 'unpleasable'. If Disney employed half decent writers who just wanted to create the best programmes possible it would be easy to please the vast majority but that isn't what they want so we end up with this crap and people going on as if Mando is a masterpiece when it's just a good show and should be the baseline of what they produce.

Well, if you turn off your brain then I suppose you could justify half of what happens. It’s objectively terrible in pretty much everything it does though.

This show is terrible even if it was just a kids show but it's not just a kids show, it's star wars and Kenobi so it should be held to a high standard. This is an original character and they should produce something that okay for kids and adults to watch. You don't care and that's fair enough but just because you don't doesn't mean other people feel the same and this far from a superficial character, he has years of books films and cartoons that create depth and lore around him.

Please the 'unpleasable'. If Disney employed half decent writers who just wanted to create the best programmes possible it would be easy to please the vast majority but that isn't what they want so we end up with this crap and people going on as if Mando is a masterpiece when it's just a good show and should be the baseline of what they produce.
You really like Star Wars don't you mate?

This show is terrible even if it was just a kids show but it's not just a kids show
You’re not target audience…
There’s a peculiar ownership of this franchise for gen x that I just cannot get my head around. Closer to the skywalker narrative it gets, the more toxic it gets.

Moses Ingram is the latest addition to the same fate as Hayden Christensen & Kelly Marie Tran.

Last edited:
I like it mate but I'm hardly a massive super fan or anything but I won't say something is good when it clearly isn't.

Wait till they fuck up Tolkien up then I will be pissed. :lol:
You’re not target audience…

There’s a peculiar ownership of this franchise for gen x that I just cannot get my head around. Closer to the skywalker narrative it gets, the more toxic it gets.

Moses Ingram is the latest addition to the same fate as Hayden Christensen & Kelly Marie Tran.
I'm not the target audience because I don't buy any of their stuff but believe it or not adults with disposable income is or at least was their target audience as that's where they make the most money from.

I don't condone anyone personally attacking someone for this, it's insane tbh and one of the reasons I don't do twitter or anything like that but imo Lucas film knew what they were doing with this Reva character. They knew it would be a terrible character that any fan of the OT would hate so they cast a black woman to play the part, thus using her race and gender as a shield against people criticising the character.

Last edited:

The show isn’t terrible. I’ve really enjoyed the two episodes I’ve seen so far.

It is clearly not ‘objectively terrible in pretty much everything it does’. The fact you think your opinion is objective, not subjective, says a lot.

You might not like it, but so what?

One of the biggest problems Star Wars has is the toxic fan base who think it belongs to them, and them alone, and believe they are entitled to be mean to, and about, those working on the shows just because it doesn’t tick their niche boxes. It’s likely nothing ever would.

The fact the stars of the show have had to come out and publicly defend colleagues just illustrates how bad it’s become.

This is Disney. As soon as Baby Leia showed up, I knew to let go any thought of it being the real thing.

If you can sell it as a stuffed toy, complicated messy things like canon go straight out the window.

It’s not as good as Mando but (touch wood) it doesn’t have anything like as annoying as the cyber nonces in Boba Fett.

It has some nice touches and I think Ewan McGregor is playing his best Kenobi so far.

Last edited:
The show isn’t terrible. I’ve really enjoyed the two episodes I’ve seen so far.

It is clearly not ‘objectively terrible in pretty much everything it does’. The fact you think your opinion is objective, not subjective, says a lot.

You might not like it, but so what?

One of the biggest problems Star Wars has is the toxic fan base who think it belongs to them, and them alone, and believe they are entitled to be mean to, and about, those working on the shows just because it doesn’t tick their niche boxes. It’s likely nothing ever would.

The fact the stars of the show have had to come out and publicly defend colleagues just illustrates how bad it’s become.
The two chase scenes with Leia are terrible, as bad as anything I've seen in a while if you are going to deny this there is no point in this conversation.
The fact we are meant to believe that Reva by looking in the archives managed to come up with a plan which Vader couldn't is laughable and the plan is so simplistic it must be a million to one chance to work.
What a coincidence that a random Jedi is wandering around on tatooine and how the hell did he track Kenobi through the desert without being seen?
Reva while shouting at people in the town out of the blue questions the one person who knows about Kenobi and threatens his family in earshot of Obi Wan and obi Wan doesn't even react to this at all!
Kenobi leaves Luke unprotected while there is an inquisitor on the planet who has already threatened his safety.
Kenobi goes to some planet asks the first person he sees some questions which leads him to a Jedi! (someone claiming to be a Jedi that is this easy to find would dead). He lets fake Jedi rip off a family then goes to first place the fake Jedi tells and guess what Leia is there.

This type of lazy storytelling with coincidences and longshots one after another goes on and on. This is before you get to the canon breaking stuff which you don't care about.

Lucas film writers could easily do something miles better than this that could be for kids and adults although I don't the Kenobi story post PT is the story that should be aimed at kids as it should be dark.

We obviously see this totally differently and if you have enjoyed it I'm pleased for you as end of the day we all like what we like.

Well I'm enjoying it, watched episode 3 of Kenobi last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I vetted it before the bairn watched it to make sure the bit he hates wasn't in as a flashback :lol: and then I had to watch it for a 2nd time.
Tbh I've enjoyed all the spin offs, the Mandalorian being my absolute favourite mind as it's just brilliant.

The two chase scenes with Leia are terrible, as bad as anything I've seen in a while if you are going to deny this there is no point in this conversation.
The fact we are meant to believe that Reva by looking in the archives managed to come up with a plan which Vader couldn't is laughable and the plan is so simplistic it must be a million to one chance to work.
What a coincidence that a random Jedi is wandering around on tatooine and how the hell did he track Kenobi through the desert without being seen?
Reva while shouting at people in the town out of the blue questions the one person who knows about Kenobi and threatens his family in earshot of Obi Wan and obi Wan doesn't even react to this at all!
Kenobi leaves Luke unprotected while there is an inquisitor on the planet who has already threatened his safety.
Kenobi goes to some planet asks the first person he sees some questions which leads him to a Jedi! (someone claiming to be a Jedi that is this easy to find would dead). He lets fake Jedi rip off a family then goes to first place the fake Jedi tells and guess what Leia is there.

This type of lazy storytelling with coincidences and longshots one after another goes on and on. This is before you get to the canon breaking stuff which you don't care about.

Lucas film writers could easily do something miles better than this that could be for kids and adults although I don't the Kenobi story post PT is the story that should be aimed at kids as it should be dark.

We obviously see this totally differently and if you have enjoyed it I'm pleased for you as end of the day we all like what we like.
All Star Wars should be for kids as that’s what it is. And I suspect that’s often the issue. The original films were simplistic and implausible, but for children that didn’t matter. We loved them for the adventure and fun.

The current output is similarly simplistic and implausible but, rather than accepting that this is what they’ve always been, some who’ve grown up with Star Wars expect the shows to mature as well.

The Star Wars stuff is as popular as ever and millions love it. If you don’t I suspect it’s more down to that fact you’ve changed. The shows are pretty much what they’ve always been.

What’s the definition of canon? Is this in or out?

Suppose it has to be canon in Disney Star Wars.

I remember years ago reading a book called Heir to the Empire which was the first book of what would become the extended universe and official canon for Lucas' Star Wars. I'm sure in that Anakin came as a ghost to visit Leia and apologise for what he did.

Agree.

#ThisIsNotTheWay

Back