The Isis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see Hodson jumping on the bandwagon. 'Important part of Sunderland's heritage' is rewriting history. Sure it was shut for years and a dive of a pub before that. Nobody gave a shit about it until it reopened.
Seems strange for Camerons not to continue the lease so it may just be a stand off between them and the university. I'd be very surprised if nobody takes it over.

I only remember it as Livingstones before which was crap but my mate told me it was always Ship Isis before Livingstones, which was before my time, anybody know if that's right?

What was the name of that lager where they sprayed cold water on to the glass so you ended up with a sort of lager slush? One of the boozers on Park Lane used to have it.
Used to be able to get it in Luma, where Paddy Power is now. Was it called Arc or something like that?

Once it thawed out a bit and you could taste the lager and not just cold it was canny rotten.

I only remember it as Livingstones before which was crap but my mate told me it was always Ship Isis before Livingstones, which was before my time, anybody know if that's right?
It was the Ship Isis forever before it was changed to Livingstone's.
They should change it back to the full old name.
I mean calling it Isis is a bit dodgy now!!

Used to be able to get it in Luma, where Paddy Power is now. Was it called Arc or something like that?

Once it thawed out a bit and you could taste the lager and not just cold it was canny rotten.

That's the place, cheers, and the name rings a bell. Most larger is chilled to mask the taste I believe.

Aye, the glory years these were. Jonty, billy collier (ex RAF) and of course stevie sh*tc*nt :lol:
"Everybody happy?" "Mind the wire" Jonty? @Kermit

^ This fella knars ^

Last edited:
To let sign up outside.
Was hoping it would be took over before it closed. Massive shame.

What was the name of that lager where they sprayed cold water on to the glass so you ended up with a sort of lager slush? One of the boozers on Park Lane used to have it.
Arc. They had it in the Inn place at Hall Farm briefly. I think it was Luma that had it in Park Lane. Where paddy Power is now.

Edit : didn't realise somebody had already answered you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back