The Isis

In all the time I was going I never once went upstairs! Never had Sauce of the Niall, but loved their McConnell's Irish Stout!

We used to go up if it was packed downstairs, which it often was on a Saturday a few hours after full time. Even the upstairs would fill up, they had a canny Vaux sign or mirror (can’t remember which) on one of the walls in the upstairs room.

I remember when it was Livingstons (I think). Went in one Christmas Eve, there was Karaoke in and it looked like it had just kicked off as most had shiners and bust lips etc but we're all singing along together. The punch ball machine in the corner never helped such atmosphere, whenever I went in
Went in Livingstone's a lot when Paul g ran it , well run pub , went down hill after he left

Shit loads of students. Most of them drink in Newcastle though.
Hardly any students at all in Sunderland compared to cities likely to have a Brew Dog pub.
Total Students 19K including those in London and Hong Kong, the two in Newcastle total 61K. Durham had just under 19K students last year

Hardly any students at all in Sunderland compared to cities likely to have a Brew Dog pub.
Total Students 19K including those in London and Hong Kong, the two in Newcastle total 61K. Durham had just under 19K students last year

So is it fair to say there's shit loads of students in Durham?

Back