The Isis

All the staff are going and it was those staff that really made The Isis what it was. It's really a shame. For those of you who know them; it's George's last shift tonight, Veronica's last shift on Saturday and the pub closes on the 27th July. Aaron is making a progressive move to Durham HoS but covering shifts at both currently, Megan has a choice of two Cameron's pubs in Newcastle and Chris is yet to decide on his future. They will be a sad loss!

Bad Crack,certainly one of the better options even though most times i'm in you're in someone's way non stop .Sad reflection on the town when bars like that cant stay open

Good to see Hodson jumping on the bandwagon. 'Important part of Sunderland's heritage' is rewriting history. Sure it was shut for years and a dive of a pub before that. Nobody gave a shit about it until it reopened.
Seems strange for Camerons not to continue the lease so it may just be a stand off between them and the university. I'd be very surprised if nobody takes it over.

Hodson will appear with his trademark sad face whenever there’s potential for a photo-op

Bad Crack,certainly one of the better options even though most times i'm in you're in someone's way non stop .Sad reflection on the town when bars like that cant stay open

it’s no reflection whatsoever given the circumstances

they'll already confirmed it's not closing, merely a change of management

Last edited:
Hodson will appear with his trademark sad face whenever there’s potential for a photo-op

it’s no reflection whatsoever given the circumstances

they'll already confirmed it's not closing, merely a change of management
Just reading the thread and it doesn't say this ,the fact its changing hands is something ,just saying

All the staff are going and it was those staff that really made The Isis what it was. It's really a shame. For those of you who know them; it's George's last shift tonight, Veronica's last shift on Saturday and the pub closes on the 27th July. Aaron is making a progressive move to Durham HoS but covering shifts at both currently, Megan has a choice of two Cameron's pubs in Newcastle and Chris is yet to decide on his future. They will be a sad loss!

I think George is graduating today too, he is a topper lad!

Back