The Isis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see Hodson jumping on the bandwagon. 'Important part of Sunderland's heritage' is rewriting history. Sure it was shut for years and a dive of a pub before that. Nobody gave a shit about it until it reopened.
Seems strange for Camerons not to continue the lease so it may just be a stand off between them and the university. I'd be very surprised if nobody takes it over.
If he halfed his photo ops with the Echo he could run the place single handed. Twat.

Shame, good pub and craic with Chris and Aaron about beer and politics. What I liked about the Isis, was that its staff especially Chris and Aaron knew , cared , and had a passion for beer, which in my experience is rare in a British pub. It changed before from Jarrow to Camerons, so hopefully something will turn up and save the day. Seems to be a lot of strange goings on with breweries these days, echoing our business economy in general, mergers, buy outs etc. My old man always said Camerons were a clandestine brewery, doing okay, but a strange way of going about their business.

Last edited:
Changing the staff and shutting it sounds like f***ing about with it to me.

For all the staff were great they can be replaced by other decent staff though, I meant more so changing what the Isis is about and how it looks.

It was previously the Jarrow Brewery, until they hit a financial crisis in 2015! Very sad to see them go ......

Aye I used to be in loads when it was owned by the Jarrow Brewery, me mate who came to matches with me at the time loved it as much as I did/do so we’d end up there without fail every other Saturday. Used to like sitting upstairs looking over towards the SoL with the floodlights still on. Loved their take on Guinness, Sauce of the Niall, but I only ever had it the once as it seemed to disappear even before Jarrow got rid.

For all the staff were great they can be replaced by other decent staff though, I meant more so changing what the Isis is about and how it looks.
Fair enough but I actually do class most of the staff as mates, not just people who I only ever see when they're serving me.
As for the unique thing about the place, the beer selection and knowledge etc, that's going to be hard to keep up and it's not looking good by the sounds of things. I hope whoever comes in changes as little as possible. Fingers crossed.

Fair enough but I actually do class most of the staff as mates, not just people who I only ever see when they're serving me.
As for the unique thing about the place, the beer selection and knowledge etc, that's going to be hard to keep up and it's not looking good by the sounds of things. I hope whoever comes in changes as little as possible. Fingers crossed.

Hope so mate. I don’t get in as much as I used to sadly, so I don’t know the staff other than they’ve always been helpful and good crack when I’ve been waiting to get served and noticed them cracking on with what I presume are regulars. Are they the same staff that used to work there when Jarra had it? Because I recall the staff being good then as well.

Hope so mate. I don’t get in as much as I used to sadly, so I don’t know the staff other than they’ve always been helpful and good crack when I’ve been waiting to get served and noticed them cracking on with what I presume are regulars. Are they the same staff that used to work there when Jarra had it? Because I recall the staff being good then as well.
Not all of them if any now. Chris has been there ages.

I remember when it was Livingstons (I think). Went in one Christmas Eve, there was Karaoke in and it looked like it had just kicked off as most had shiners and bust lips etc but we're all singing along together. The punch ball machine in the corner never helped such atmosphere, whenever I went in

Shame, good pub and craic with Chris and Aaron about beer and politics. What I liked about the Isis, was that its staff especially Chris and Aaron knew , cared , and had a passion for beer, which in my experience is rare in a British pub. It changed before from Jarrow to Camerons, so hopefully something will turn up and save the day. Seems to be a lot of strange goings on with breweries these days, echoing our business economy in general, mergers, buy outs etc. My old man always said Camerons were a clandestine brewery, doing okay, but a strange way of going about their business.
They hated. Especially Chris. Anyone who wrote craic instead of crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back