The Hundred Draft - Sky Sports 7pm

Not sure what will happen to the franchise tournament but I doubt county cricket will go back to the structure it was before covid. I reckon the traditional county championship could be history.

No TV draft this year. All teams being announced on a hourly basis, Rabada and Pooran two exciting names signed by the Manchester Originals
Northern Superchargers team

Haters stay away :lol:
Welsh Fire
Newly drafted: Kieron Pollard, Jhye Richardson, Jake Ball, Ian Cockbain, Josh Cobb, Matt Critchley, David Lloyd

Retained: Ollie Pope, Jonny Bairstow, Tom Banton, Ben Duckett, Qais Ahmad, Liam Plunkett, David Payne, Ryan Higgins
No TV draft this year. All teams being announced on a hourly basis, Rabada and Pooran two exciting names signed by the Manchester Originals
Newly drafted: Nicholas Pooran, Kagiso Rabada, Harry Gurney, Jamie Overton, Shadab Khan, Tom Lammonby, Steven Finn, Colin Ackermann, Richard Gleeson

Retained: Jos Buttler, Phil Salt, Joe Clarke, Wayne Madsen, Matt Parkinson

Newly drafted: Olly Stone, Matty Potts, Matthew Fisher, Harry Brook, Callum Parkinson

Retained: Ben Stokes, Aaron Finch, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Chris Lynn, Adil Rashid, Adam Lyth, David Willey, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Brydon Carse, John Simpson

Welsh Fire
Newly drafted: Kieron Pollard, Jhye Richardson, Jake Ball, Ian Cockbain, Josh Cobb, Matt Critchley, David Lloyd

Retained: Ollie Pope, Jonny Bairstow, Tom Banton, Ben Duckett, Qais Ahmad, Liam Plunkett, David Payne, Ryan Higgins

Last edited:

Welsh Fire

Does that mean that they’ve retained Dane Vilas as a top pick? 😳

All that shite for years about how we need a franchise tournament because County t20 is full of plodders only for the Manchester team to go and sign Wayne Madsen

Madsen has a FC average of 39 with the bat, and bowls a bit. So seems reasonable. There are a few plodders about naturally, but I wouldn't call him one. I think the depth in quality is better than the IPL but without as much at the top end.

Northern Superchargers would field a team resembling:

Finch
Kohler-Cadmore
Lynn
Lyth
Stokes
Simpson
Willey
Carse
Stone
Rashid
Mujeeb

Brook, Potts, Fisher, Parkinson to come in. You could easily pick any of those 4, and are all promising players. Still think they should have chucked Finch, and maybe Lynn too.

Finch
Kohler-Cadmore
Lynn
Lyth
Stokes
Simpson
Willey
Carse
Stone
Rashid
Mujeeb

Of those Kohler-Cadmore (who has played a bit of franchise cricket elsewhere), Simpson and Carse don't have international caps (Carse has been on the verge). Yep shite. If you're going to be tedious whiner at least be vaguely credible, or better yet just keep it to yourself.

Last edited:
Finch
Kohler-Cadmore
Lynn
Lyth
Stokes
Simpson
Willey
Carse
Stone
Rashid
Mujeeb

Of those Kohler-Cadmore (who has played a bit of franchise cricket elsewhere), Simpson and Carse don't have international caps (Carse has been on the verge). Yep shite. If you're going to be tedious whiner at least be vaguely credible, or better yet just keep it to yourself.
The purpose of the message board is to promote debate so keeping views to yourself would rather defeat this purpose.
Many of those listed to play won't be available at least part of the time because of international commitments, England players at best may make a token appearance, so what remains are has been internationals and those who are on view in domestic T20 anyway. That's fact i.e. wholly credible. If you define whining as having an opposing view to your own then fair enough.

The purpose of the message board is to promote debate so keeping views to yourself would rather defeat this purpose.
Many of those listed to play won't be available at least part of the time because of international commitments, England players at best may make a token appearance, so what remains are has been internationals and those who are on view in domestic T20 anyway. That's fact i.e. wholly credible. If you define whining as having an opposing view to your own then fair enough.

That’s fine, but in general we’re trying to keep this thread about the tournament itself (there are plenty of others about whether it should exist).

SSN have been hammering it all day I see, and it’s front and centre of BBC Sport. Good for the game.

You're obviously being obtuse in your interpretation of what I said. The aimless whining about The Hundred being 'shite' is not contributing to this thread or 'debate' - it is not an argument unless you're 5 years old. If people want to continue being stupid and boring I'll just put them on ignore, simples.

The fact is the cricket being played will be of a higher standard than the rest of County Cricket, whether people like limited overs stuff or not. There's plenty of ways to make valid criticism but people typically aren't being constructive. I much preferred the 20 overs format myself, but it is what it is.

You're obviously being obtuse in your interpretation of what I said. The aimless whining about The Hundred being 'shite' is not contributing to this thread or 'debate' - it is not an argument unless you're 5 years old. If people want to continue being stupid and boring I'll just put them on ignore, simples.

The fact is the cricket being played will be of a higher standard than the rest of County Cricket, whether people like limited overs stuff or not. There's plenty of ways to make valid criticism but people typically aren't being constructive. I much preferred the 20 overs format myself, but it is what it is.
There was no intention to be obtuse, I can assure you. You're obviously a devotee of the Hundred,I don't have a problem with that. I was simply defending one's right to reply without being insulted.
That’s fine, but in general we’re trying to keep this thread about the tournament itself (there are plenty of others about whether it should exist).

SSN have been hammering it all day I see, and it’s front and centre of BBC Sport. Good for the game.
I was commenting on the content of the draft which is what the thread is about.

Last edited:

Back