The Hundred Draft - Sky Sports 7pm

And let’s be honest. And it’s sad. But championship crowds don’t pay the bills.
Correct championship crowds don't pay the bills, but Test Cricket does. If you haven't got a successful championship competition, you are not going to produce the next crop of test cricketers. Marginalising first class cricket to the arse ends of the season is imho going to do a lot more harm than good to cricket

They may as well do what they're doing in UAE. 10 overs a side to just slog. No finesse, no skill, just whack it as hard as you can. Doesn't matter if you're out after a few balls, just treat it like a game of rounders.

They may as well do what they're doing in UAE. 10 overs a side to just slog. No finesse, no skill, just whack it as hard as you can. Doesn't matter if you're out after a few balls, just treat it like a game of rounders.

Don’t get that point at all T20 which is just 3 and bit overs more has loads of finesse and skills on show.

It’s not like rounders at all, spinners have been particularly skilful in the shorter format,developing their game and skill set. and batsman have developed their game, playing shots all around the wicket, with reverse sweeps, ram shots, late cuts etc etc.

Yep loads of finesse and skill in the shorter formats of the game.
When is this shit starting?

See you remaining open minded!

Shit before a ball is bowled?

Last edited:
Ticket prices already being slashed.

And it looks like no Australians will be available.

Good, Harrison and Graves needs to get the fuck out of the ECB a failure hopefully leads to a radical rethink of their personnel and plan.

I'm quite curious about this (as one of the 16% of cricket fans who are open minded about it).Within a few years I think this will be a major night in the cricketing calendar.

A lot of players sweating over watching it I'm sure as there's some big coin to be had. Mark Wood will be an interesting one - he's put himself in at £60k but with his injury record it'd be a brave move paying it.
You've misspelt "daft"in the thread title.

Article in the Cricketer this month which suggested that the FTA games are Thursday and Sunday nights on BBC2
Eastenders, emmerdale clash on the Thursday. Big shows like line of duty on the sunday, celebrity X factor or jungle crap

kids will not be seeing these games live even.

It will be the West Indies t20 cartel, with a few afghan spinners and the Pakistan lads.

if I was 11 again, that would not appeal to me at all. I want to see stokes, I want to see buttler. But but I’ve seen the posters with roooot, stokes being advertised. Where are they? Sorry son, they are commentating or away playing test cricket.

watch out here is another 6 by Dre russ

Last edited:
Eastenders, emmerdale clash on the Thursday. Big shows like line of duty on the sunday, celebrity X factor or jungle crap

kids will not be seeing these games live even.

It will be the West Indies t20 cartel, with a few afghan spinners and the Pakistan lads.

if I was 11 again, that would not appeal to me at all. I want to see stokes, I want to see buttler. But but I’ve seen the posters with roooot, stokes being advertised. Where are they? Sorry son, they are commentating or away playing test cricket.

watch out here is another 6 by Dre russ
And if you can't make it you can enjoy Michael Vaughan and Isa Guha screaming about every boundary like it's the f***ing moon landing.

Back