The Hundred Draft - Sky Sports 7pm

You don’t need 20+ mixing indoors 🤷‍♂️

Could’ve been done in the same way the commentaries are being done, over Zoom/Skype. The NFL draft managed ok.
They money in the nfl is far superior to the hundred there is no way they can match that production, If they had done it via skype and looked poor it would have another thing for the haters to have a go at, they couldn't really win tbh. I enjoyed the previous years and hope they go back to it.
There are at least 8 players in every squad worth watching, some young players coming through and each team also gets to pick another player after the blast too.

They money in the nfl is far superior to the hundred there is no way they can match that production, If they had done it via skype and looked poor it would have another thing for the haters to have a go at, they couldn't really win tbh. I enjoyed the previous years and hope they go back to it.
There are at least 8 players in every squad worth watching, some young players coming through and each team also gets to pick another player after the blast too.

Doesn’t matter mate, what logic or rational argument you put across, people’s mind were made up about this well before now and well before a ball is even bowled.

In fact I would as far as to say their mind was mind up to be negative about this about 10 seconds after it was first announced.

I can’t imagine one big conference call with all the franchise owners/management would cost a lot. Sky were doing their Verdict cricket show that way for practically all of our summer last year and again for the Sri Lanka series, to me I would imagine it would be pennies in comparison to the money they’ve spent on everything else.

Doesn’t matter mate, what logic or rational argument you put across, people’s mind were made up about this well before now and well before a ball is even bowled.

In fact I would as far as to say their mind was mind up to be negative about this about 10 seconds after it was first announced.
Correct............I have no interest in it whatsoever, is that illegal?

You're not allowed an opinion contrary to some of the Hundred devotees on here. It's like Marmite,some like it, some hate it, what's the problem?
I don’t have a problem I was just confirming that I’ve not liked it since it was announced, liked it even less when it became apparent we were not to be involved (other counties are the same) I won’t be watching.
Is that ok?

I don’t have a problem I was just confirming that I’ve not liked it since it was announced, liked it even less when it became apparent we were not to be involved (other counties are the same) I won’t be watching.
Is that ok?
That's fine, I was agreeing with you. My objection is it's a divisive and unnecessary addition,held that opinion from the beginning. What I find puzzling is why there is such vitriol for those who hold that view.

Once the fad recedes who do the FTECB expect to attend? They’ve alienated the current fans base which is shown beyond any question when they have had voting on it.

if it was to come in, all counties should be involved it the point was to spread the game and ignite interest. They’ve chosen to make it elite and centrally based.

im not interested in the Northern chargers or whatever they are called at headingley. And I bet the yorkshire members are over the moon with root going to Birmingham to play and bairstow elsewhere as well

Correct............I have no interest in it whatsoever, is that illegal?

Fair enough mate, just making the point that you decided long ago as is your preference and no point any posters trying to persuade you otherwise
You're not allowed an opinion contrary to some of the Hundred devotees on here. It's like Marmite,some like it, some hate it, what's the problem?

Personally I don’t there is any hundred devotees on here, how can any be devoted to something that has not even started.

Personally I think some want to watch it before having strong opinions, while others made their mind up moments after it was announced which of course is their right.

Last edited:
Fair enough mate, just making the point that you decided long ago as is your preference and no point any posters trying to persuade you otherwise

Personally I don’t there is any hundred devotees on here, how can any be devoted to something that has not even started.

Personally I think some want to watch it before having strong opinions, while others made their mind up moments after it was announced which of course is their right.
Therein lies the problem. If they aren't any excited about the prospect of the Hundred they're not going to be inclined to support it. I notice Durham, along with,I assume, all other counties, are trying to whet appetites with 50% discounts i.e.£5 for adults,£2.50 children.Applies only to members which isn't the new audience they're targeting.
. The women and men's games follow each other which rather contradicts the concept that prospective spectators are averse to attending events that are too lengthy.

Last edited:
I doubt there are any hundred devotes, I think some of us are willing to give it a chance and like some of the new concepts being brought in. Personally looking forward to being able to see all the games live which on TV should I so wish too, which makes it easier to follow the full competition and the fact there is better players and teams on show will help put on better games and contests for the viewers while helping to progress some of our younger players in England.
I think I will likely be a manchester original armchair supporter but we will see.

Therein lies the problem. If they aren't any excited about the prospect of the Hundred they're not going to be inclined to support it. I notice Durham, along with,I assume, all other counties, are trying to whet appetites with 50% discounts i.e.£5 for adults,£2.50 children.Applies only to members which isn't the new audience they're targeting.
. The women and men's games follow each other which rather contradicts the concept that prospective spectators are averse to attending events that are too lengthy.

I just struggle with the concept in anything really, how something can be marmite, how some people can like it, how some people can hate it, before it’s even started!!

That’s always been my core point in numerous discussions, let’s at least see how it goes, see if it does attract a new audience which it turn attracts new players, that it’s badly needed at club level,

It may or may not but I certainly hope it does, because I sadly see too many local clubs struggling for teams or folding all too regularly.

A final request - please can we keep off the pros and cons of this comp - we all know each other’s views on it! Anyone can post on the other threads about the above if they want to carry the debate on.

Some people are interested in the actual competition and want to talk about it.

I just struggle with the concept in anything really, how something can be marmite, how some people can like it, how some people can hate it, before it’s even started!!

That’s always been my core point in numerous discussions, let’s at least see how it goes, see if it does attract a new audience which it turn attracts new players, that it’s badly needed at club level,

It may or may not but I certainly hope it does, because I sadly see too many local clubs struggling for teams or folding all too regularly.
You don't have to actual watch an event before deciding it's not for you, surely.It's not as if the Hundred is an entirely new concept,it's a variation on a sport which has been in existence for centuries. The aim, as you say, is to attract more of the younger generation to participate in any sport ,not necessarily cricket. Investment should be in participation in sport in schools. The amount of money invested already in an unproven concept is obscene -that'a why the suck it and see argument isn't really valid.
A final request - please can we keep off the pros and cons of this comp - we all know each other’s views on it! Anyone can post on the other threads about the above if they want to carry the debate on.

Some people are interested in the actual competition and want to talk about it.
It's because there's a genuine chance that this competition might well bankrupt the game-reserves already wiped out promoting it which could have been used to cover losses caused by the pandemic. Debating the actual competition is a case of putting the cart before the horse.

Last edited:
The interesting thing for me to see is if the FTECB allow England players to actually play. I’ve always advocated the crowds at the T20 would increase immediately if the England players could have played for the counties and there would be no need for the 100.

stokes is a prime example as he was banned from bowling even in the final for durham. Ludicrous

im looking forward to all the superstars we see in the t10 and other t20 leagues worldwide in the last six months. They will pocket plenty of cash but not one of them will help to promote participation in the game for youngsters potentially inspired by watching root etc on ch4.

they will go to headingley and see stokes sitting with bumble etc having a laugh commentating. Will the FTECB let him bowl with big series with India and the aussies during and after the English summer ?

You don't have to actual watch an event before deciding it's not for you, surely.It's not as if the Hundred is an entirely new concept,it's a variation on a sport which has been in existence for centuries. The aim, as you say, is to attract more of the younger generation to participate in any sport ,not necessarily cricket. Investment should be in participation in sport in schools. The amount of money invested already in an unproven concept is obscene -that'a why the suck it and see argument isn't really valid.

It's because there's a genuine chance that this competition might well bankrupt the game-reserves already wiped out promoting it which could have been used to cover losses caused by the pandemic. Debating the actual competition is a case of putting the cart before the horse.

No one is saying it can’t be debated, just not on this thread.

This forum usually self-moderates but anything hereon on this thread that descends in the same old 100 arguments will get binned. There’s no problem with people starting another thread to debate the merits of it (again!).

Yes but theres other threads for that

No one is saying it can’t be debated, just not on this thread.

This forum usually self-moderates but anything hereon on this thread that descends in the same old 100 arguments will get binned. There’s no problem with people starting another thread to debate the merits of it (again!).
Haway, I love a 100 conversation me. In fact I’m hoping to have a trip to leeds when it’s specifically not on

Back