The great Durham cricket shuffle 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

robkitchuk

Central Defender
Just starting it own thread.
With Crook, Shotley bridge and Ashington heading to the NEPL.
Little town and Horden to DCL 1?
Not sure who is going other way.

Brandon to somewhere?
And potential Murton to NEDCL with Kimblesworth the other way.

Find it hard to believe Crook will be staging NEPL cricket. Nothing against anyone at Crook, as I’ve spent many a cracking afternoon/evening there, but I don’t remember their field/wicket being very good at all.

If they’ve improved their facilities, fair play mind and I wish them all the best.

Absolutely fantastic Tea on my last few visits too :cool:

I find it hard to believe that a club like Swalwell can just say no thanks
Mockery

Surely it works both ways if the league refuses entry depending on criteria, then a team can equally refuse.

Find it hard to believe Crook will be staging NEPL cricket. Nothing against anyone at Crook, as I’ve spent many a cracking afternoon/evening there, but I don’t remember their field/wicket being very good at all.

If they’ve improved their facilities, fair play mind and I wish them all the best.

Absolutely fantastic Tea on my last few visits too :cool:

Must have played good cricket to get there mate

Crook is no different to easington in my opinion. Both shit grounds. Facilities probably about the same. Crook have an electric scoreboard but that can’t surely be enough to get in above the them,??

Surely it works both ways if the league refuses entry depending on criteria, then a team can equally refuse.

Must have played good cricket to get there mate

Oh aye, it’s quite clearly deserved in terms of on-field performance - what I was alluding to though was the stringent off field criteria that clubs must adhere to. I’d be surprised if Crook hit that criteria.

The question is, have the rules been relaxed by the NEPL because of the difficult situation they face of losing clubs hand over fist?

How would Esh Winning feel if that is true?

Oh aye, it’s quite clearly deserved in terms of on-field performance - what I was alluding to though was the stringent off field criteria that clubs must adhere to. I’d be surprised if Crook hit that criteria.

The question is, have the rules been relaxed by the NEPL because of the difficult situation they face of losing clubs hand over fist?

How would Esh Winning feel if that is true?

Criteria, hasn't been changed. Crook has club mark and Easington hasn't which is why Easington couldn't gain promotion.

Criteria to NEPL is no different than previous years and if you read it properly it’s not that stringent. I was surprised when I read it today for first time. Main element is the must have clubmark requirement, this will mean most clubs in DCL can’t be promoted. This has always been a requirement and if clubs don’t want to go down that route then that’s up to them.

Crooks ground is of a decent standard in the last few times I’ve been there, good decks and decent all round facilities.....there is a lot worse out there. Good luck to them, they have performed well enough both on and off the pitch to go up!

Why do you have to have clubmark in the NEPL and not the DCL?

ECB leagues state you have to have clubmark (ECB Clubmark shows that a club is sustainable, well run and provides the right environment for its members. Clubmark accreditation also means your club is recognised as a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place for participants of all ages, as well as assuring parents and carers that they are choosing the right option for their young people)

Yeah Crook passed their inspection.

Criteria to NEPL is no different than previous years and if you read it properly it’s not that stringent. I was surprised when I read it today for first time. Main element is the must have clubmark requirement, this will mean most clubs in DCL can’t be promoted. This has always been a requirement and if clubs don’t want to go down that route then that’s up to them.

Crooks ground is of a decent standard in the last few times I’ve been there, good decks and decent all round facilities.....there is a lot worse out there. Good luck to them, they have performed well enough both on and off the pitch to go up!

Cheers for the clarity, has anyone got a copy of the current regs? Know it’s been shared before but can’t be chewed searching for it.

Good luck to Crook, pitches were always horrendous when I played there but hopefully they’ve improved considerably in recent years.

ECB leagues state you have to have clubmark (ECB Clubmark shows that a club is sustainable, well run and provides the right environment for its members. Clubmark accreditation also means your club is recognised as a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place for participants of all ages, as well as assuring parents and carers that they are choosing the right option for their young people)

Well put

Does that mean Easington are not providing all that then?

Well they finished second, so they’re going up by default. Easington also have an electronic board however, scorers sit in it. We played at Crook this season and none of our lads could have a shower as a leak was causing the electrics, including the scoreboard to go off. I really fail to see how they’ve passed the ground criteria with below adequate changing rooms as well.

Crook is no different to easington in my opinion. Both shit grounds. Facilities probably about the same. Crook have an electric scoreboard but that can’t surely be enough to get in above the them,??
Nowt wrong with easington, apart from that marathon walk to get there......

The criteria to get into the Premier League is no mystery nor is it set by the NEPL to favour certain clubs as many have alluded to in the past. NEPL is an ECB accredited Premier League and as such the criteria is set by the ECB itself, the League Management Committee ensure each club conforms to it. The criteria set before the 2017 season can be found here ( Downloads - North East Premier Cricket League) I suspect the only amendment will be Clubmark being mandatory now, couldn't have possibly removed Brandon from the league for not having Clubmark yet allowed another club in who weren't Clubmark accredited. I think some people are looking at this the wrong way when asking why you should have Clubmark surely you should be asking why wouldnt you want it? Its there to safeguard child welfare, raise standards of coaching and ensure clubs have a proper management structure in place to protect everyone associated with the club. Its not just a cricket scheme, Clubmark is universally acknowledged across all sports.

I note one of the senior members of Seaham Park commented they knew they had to have Clubmark in place to get into NEPL at the start of last season and accepted they didn't have it so knew they weren't going to get in, they are currently working towards it and are happy enough with the process. End of the day the criteria was set out at the start of the 2018 season for all to see, it can't be anymore transparent, I cant see how clubs can now express surprise that they havent been invited to join the NEPL if they have not met the criteria. Clubs like Crook prove it isnt a 'closed shop' or the criteria as difficult to attain as some like to make out.

I find it hard to believe that a club like Swalwell can just say no thanks
Mockery

They are a strange bunch. I remember a few years ago in the NTSL they were one of the main reasons for not getting the start earlier than 2pm as 2 or 3 of their lads worked on the carpets. I know they win that league virtually every year, but it must genuinely get boring after a while. Not sure about the past couple of years but they splashed out a fortune back in the day, at the expense of a junior section, with very little chance of making your way into the 1st team as a young player.

With Shotley and Ashington going that league is really weak now, surely they will decide to move on at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back