The great Durham cricket shuffle 2018

It seems to baffle everyone. If a club has been thrown out then they should start at the bottom. Unless they're considered 'too big' to be in the NEDCL. Yet another weird one.

I agree with that. Personally thinknthey should have been relegated to dl1 (punishment)
Expulsion should have been nedl
This seems a weird half way house

I agree with that. Personally thinknthey should have been relegated to dl1 (punishment)
Expulsion should have been nedl
This seems a weird half way house
Totally agree.

Theres a difference between 'punishment / relegation' and 'expulsion'.

By being expelled they should start at the bottom. Not achieving clubmark isn't worthing of being expelled in my opinion, but it is worthy of 'punishment / relegation' which should have seen them go into DCL 1.

The ECB have only done half a job by saying that they are expelled. If thats their decision, then they should have said that they are expelled and have to start at the bottom of the pyramid.

Totally agree.

Theres a difference between 'punishment / relegation' and 'expulsion'.

By being expelled they should start at the bottom. Not achieving clubmark isn't worthing of being expelled in my opinion, but it is worthy of 'punishment / relegation' which should have seen them go into DCL 1.

The ECB have only done half a job by saying that they are expelled. If thats their decision, then they should have said that they are expelled and have to start at the bottom of the pyramid.
Exactly. It's caused a total balls up by simply not clarifying the wording.
Expulsion - removed entirely from pyramid, to start in NEDCL.
Automatic relegation- leave NEPL via the relegation places, to enter DCL 1. So simple yet to difficult for the powers that be.

Back