The Fishing Thread

Just been invited to go salmon fishing on Saturday,if I go I will get a few pics,salmon roe as bait.
This is the place I have been invited to fish.
How are you going to fish it? A net or hand grenade looks like it would yield a good haul, if not exactly the most sporting option.

Nearly always course fishing for meself.

Bairn is 12 and he’s a nightmare for it now. Spends all his pocket money on fishing tackle. Joint him to wansbeck club with his grandad and me. Class to see him setting his gear up in the house and talking about rigs and bait.

His mam on the other hand. Haha. He had half the light fitting down last night pissing about with his rod.

Nearly always course fishing for meself.

Bairn is 12 and he’s a nightmare for it now. Spends all his pocket money on fishing tackle. Joint him to wansbeck club with his grandad and me. Class to see him setting his gear up in the house and talking about rigs and bait.

His mam on the other hand. Haha. He had half the light fitting down last night pissing about with his rod.

Superb Mate.
What is he catching and is he lake or river fishing?

Superb for lads that age, real good in so many ways.

Superb Mate.
What is he catching and is he lake or river fishing?

Superb for lads that age, real good in so many ways.
Been fishing these lakes down woodlands since I was a bairn. Commercial lakes now. Do a lot of match fishing and it’s easy to be honest. Joined the club me and his grandad are in and it’s estate lakes and hard as fuck. Shock to the system for him but he’s loving it man.

Just reminds me of being that age and buying improve your course fishing magazines and watching John Wilson haha.

Been fishing these lakes down woodlands since I was a bairn. Commercial lakes now. Do a lot of match fishing and it’s easy to be honest. Joined the club me and his grandad are in and it’s estate lakes and hard as fuck. Shock to the system for him but he’s loving it man.

Just reminds me of being that age and buying improve your course fishing magazines and watching John Wilson haha.

i know exactly what you mean. Buying a float and admiring it as a thing of beauty.
Want more time to go fishing :(

I used to love watching owld John. Fished some places that bloke, I got into grayling etc because of him as I was strictly a sea fisherman.

Nice to see more kids into it. My boy(6) asked this weekend if he can go so I grabbed a few bits for some light fishing on the broads next weekend. Hopefully likes it :)

I’ve just seen a photo of an angler using a length of dowel and his crocs to load line onto his reel.

Simply thread the spool of line ( I recommend J braid) onto the dowel and put one end in one of the holes in the side of your crocs.

run the line from your feet extended out in front of you back to your reel and you are sorted.

What's Sharpley like over the winter? Apart from feckin' freezing.

Was in Stockholm last week and watching the guys fly fish in the middle of the city looks fun; I need to get good so I don't look like a tit in front of the tourists when I go back next year.

What's Sharpley like over the winter? Apart from feckin' freezing.

Was in Stockholm last week and watching the guys fly fish in the middle of the city looks fun; I need to get good so I don't look like a tit in front of the tourists when I go back next year.
It has its own micro climate. It’s usually windy.

I would recommend getting some tuition. Sharpley have two approved guides. Ross and Terry. Both are good. Terry owns Reelsport in South Shields. Ross is also a salmon fisherman and red hot on entomology and getting the right fly on the end of your line.

Good luck.

Back