The Fishing Thread

No need. Ask me il put him on them. Bit early like but I can think of a few places.
We wanted to fish a clean beach so we picked South Shields big beach near Trow Rocks. Parked in the car park next to the Waters edge pub and fished a big sand bank . We got cut off, as usual, we always do so we had to walk through a few inches of water. I did not wear my waders so we got wet boots but it was good.

I now have the rest of the bait in the bottom of the fridge wrapped in newspaper and in a plastic bad. My lass is not impressed and is convinced the worms will get out and start to eat all the food!
Because oou Jeff will be looking for places to fish
Politics forum is the best place.

We wanted to fish a clean beach so we picked South Shields big beach near Trow Rocks. Parked in the car park next to the Waters edge pub and fished a big sand bank . We got cut off, as usual, we always do so we had to walk through a few inches of water. I did not wear my waders so we got wet boots but it was good.

I now have the rest of the bait in the bottom of the fridge wrapped in newspaper and in a plastic bad. My lass is not impressed and is convinced the worms will get out and start to eat all the food!

Politics forum is the best place.
Bit early for there like, the sun as gone to ya heed. But bait fishing will give you your best chance I suppose.
It’s a mark that has thrown some good bass up over the years to be fair. I’m sure someone had a big one a few year ago off there maybe 6/7 pound.
I caught one from the cat and dog steps whilst fishing for cod in a massive northeasterly in a winter comp so it’s not impossible this time of year. On ragworm too.
Id be heading to Hartlepool. The north gare around the rocks at the start of the footings on the left. In fact I may have a session with you down there in the summer if you fancy.

Bit early for there like, the sun as gone to ya heed. But bait fishing will give you your best chance I suppose.
It’s a mark that has thrown some good bass up over the years to be fair. I’m sure someone had a big one a few year ago off there maybe 6/7 pound.
I caught one from the cat and dog steps whilst fishing for cod in a massive northeasterly in a winter comp so it’s not impossible this time of year. On ragworm too.
Id be heading to Hartlepool. The north gare around the rocks at the start of the footings on the left. In fact I may have a session with you down there in the summer if you fancy.
I really want to focus on lure fishing for bass this summer but as you say it’s a bit early for lures. The prices for some of the lures is crazy £25 quid for a lure you could lose after one cast!

I've fished the cat and dogs steps a few times in winter and never caught anything, not even a bite. I always think it looks perfect for for catching but the fish think otherwise.

I've fished the cat and dogs steps a few times in winter and never caught anything, not even a bite. I always think it looks perfect for for catching but the fish think otherwise.
Me too, some good rocky bits, a nice platform to fish off, Gulleys and bits of sandy bottom. Should work as the tide pushes up.

Me too, some good rocky bits, a nice platform to fish off, Gulleys and bits of sandy bottom. Should work as the tide pushes up.
The cat and dogs were a place I used to frequent in comps.
The dog shit bins on a flood tide if the sea is just fish able the odd wave over the top is ideal.
Low tide calm the clump of rocks to the left, fished over low tide.

If the sea is huge in the middle under the white lighthouse is the mark. Cast as the waves break then run back to the bank.

From these marks in them conditions I’ve had or fished with my mate and had doubles (cod) and lots of 3-7 pounders (cod) and a couple of bass on bait.

Best on a night.

I fished for penn points and was in the Premier league for a few year.

Any advice on marks in the north (east and west) giz a shout.

The dog shit bins on a flood tide if the sea is just fish able the odd wave over the top is ideal.

If the sea is huge in the middle under the white lighthouse is the mark. Cast as the waves break then run back to the bank.

From these marks in them conditions I’ve had or fished with my mate and had doubles (cod) and lots of 3-7 pounders (cod) and a couple of bass on bait.

Best on a night.

Superb that mate thanks.

Bit of a wet one today so fair play to the lad fishing now on the end of Roker Pier.
That’s dedication done it myself in years gone by stuck on the end of the white rock at Whitburn in heavy snow showers etc. Too much of a fair weather fisherman now like!
Hope he gets a bite or two

Best on a night.

I used to fish just to the south, near the cats and dogs, a place we called The Cross.

Logon or register to see this image

Used to fish the old sewer pipe to the south of there on the last of the ebb, then the Cross the first couple of hours of the flood. Best on a dying sea at night, you'd wade out and blast it as far as you could. The bites and fight from the codling were fantastic, the oxygenated water seemed to give them loads of energy.

I was up Balcary 2 weeks ago, loads of Rays and a few dogs. I think I only had 1 cast where I didn't get a fish.

https://postimg.cc/CnNzkwCC
Just had my first bass fishing session of the summer. Onshore winds and a couple of feet of swell. We fished the flood and used light leads (2oz) and light braid. Bait was ragworm. We were casting about 30-40 yards only into a gully with slightly deeper water. We fished for two and a half hours but did not catch anything.

There’s always next time and it was nice to get out and cast a line.

@Swindon On Tour @beverly macca
Been a few out from Redcar beach on bait, still a bit early though.

Last edited:
I used to fish just to the south, near the cats and dogs, a place we called The Cross.

Used to fish the old sewer pipe to the south of there on the last of the ebb, then the Cross the first couple of hours of the flood. Best on a dying sea at night, you'd wade out and blast it as far as you could. The bites and fight from the codling were fantastic, the oxygenated water seemed to give them loads of energy.

I was up Balcary 2 weeks ago, loads of Rays and a few dogs. I think I only had 1 cast where I didn't get a fish.

https://postimg.cc/CnNzkwCC

Been a few out from Redcar beach on bait, still a bit early though.
Aye the cross is in front of the cross on the main road. All good marks.

Back