The Fire Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly went in but ran out of time
Had the expected "beers expensive" patter from lads behind us as we walked past
Taxi driver on the way down warned us about the prices like, also warned us it was shite for getting served like.

Went in the first Sunday it was open, drinks were canny. We even managed to get a seat but I couldn't understand why the whole time we were there four tables next to the windows had reserved signs on, no one used them the hour we were there yet people couldnt get seats and were walking out. Could be teething problems.

Was in Friday night. Looks great. Service was very amateurish, from three different people - i.e ordered two pints, by the time one was pulled they had forgotten the other. Offering pints and change to someone else...doesn't seem to be a great deal of experience amongst the staff, unless I was just unlucky. Big thing for me was that there didn't really seem to be an area for 'drinking only' - place seemed totally full of tables for diners, which led to a few awkward moments when groups of men (out on the ale) were bumping into sitting diners.

Went in yesterday for a pint. Pint of double maxim (average)
Service (average)
Decorating (average)

Loads of women drinking coffee.

Walked past peacocks and looked in.
Do people still like books and clay pots decorating the pubs.
Just missing wooden wheels on the walls outside. Looked tacky.

Comment from Chronic:

"Rumour has it Blunderland have changed the name of their bid to City Of Losing Culture."

My sides are splitting.:neutral:

Comment from Chronic:

"Rumour has it Blunderland have changed the name of their bid to City Of Losing Culture."

My sides are splitting.:neutral:

Staggering how many thick as pigshit mags love to show themselves up on the chronicle comments sections trying to have a dig at Sunderland as if they live in some kind of utopia :lol: Their city is an embarrassment to human civilisation in certain areas.

Went in yesterday for a pint. Pint of double maxim (average)
Service (average)
Decorating (average)

Loads of women drinking coffee.

Walked past peacocks and looked in.
Do people still like books and clay pots decorating the pubs.
Just missing wooden wheels on the walls outside. Looked tacky.

You sound a right bundle of laughs mind.

Strangely enough they've retained some of the decor of the fire station to make it look like an er fire station.

The seating and tables are top notch. Looking forward to tea there tomorrow.

You sound a right bundle of laughs mind.

Strangely enough they've retained some of the decor of the fire station to make it look like an er fire station.

The seating and tables are top notch. Looking forward to tea there tomorrow.
I sat on a reproduction chesterfield. Top notch mate.
I always judge a place on the seats and tables, you can tell how good the food is by them.

I sat on a reproduction chesterfield. Top notch mate.
I always judge a place on the seats and tables, you can tell how good the food is by them.

I've only been in for a beer thus far so I can't judge the food until tomorrow night.

I can judge other aspects and I haven't seen anything to be negative about.

I've only been in for a beer thus far so I can't judge the food until tomorrow night.

I can judge other aspects and I haven't seen anything to be negative about.
Same ere. Few on here moaning about service but it's the same all over when it's busy.

Staggering how many thick as pigshit mags love to show themselves up on the chronicle comments sections trying to have a dig at Sunderland as if they live in some kind of utopia :lol: Their city is an embarrassment to human civilisation in certain areas.
They are obviously a bit concerned.Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back