The Fire Station

It's a lovely bar.The beer selection gets worse everytime I've been in.If you are going to do real ale you have to do it properly.They should only have had 4 or 5 pumps on.

Was in there the other week, echo what most say on here, beer selection not great, not a bar you would stay in long , nowhere for drinkers to sit/stand , especially lone drinkers. Staff were friendly towards me, got impression they thought I was some sort of secret shopper, most staff time spent making coffee on the coffee machine. Just another restaurant masquerading as a pub, great for groups and lasses but not my type of place

Was in there the other week, echo what most say on here, beer selection not great, not a bar you would stay in long , nowhere for drinkers to sit/stand , especially lone drinkers. Staff were friendly towards me, got impression they thought I was some sort of secret shopper, most staff time spent making coffee on the coffee machine. Just another restaurant masquerading as a pub, great for groups and lasses but not my type of place
It has more choices than than loads of places

How many beers do you want? There's a wide range of real ales, craft beers and lagers. Unless you are aCAMRA beer spotter who expects something new every visit or someone after Fosters or John Smiths for £1.80, I'm sure you will be catered for.
It probably isn't a place for lone drinkers but I doubt it was ever intended to be. I could quite happily sit there all night with my mates so I'm not sure I agree with that you can't stay for long.
I'm not against grabbing a pint on my own now and then, I've done it all over the world, but it's not the main factor I use for judging a pub.

Wtf :lol:

Beer selection not great?

:lol::lol::lol:

Was in yesterday...must say I’m impressed
Got served no bother and certainly enough ales available( Anarchy Blond v nice)
Nice atmosphere and not as rammed as I thought it would be.

I walk passed it every week night and its always very busy. For a bar in Sunderland City Centre on a Tuesday night to be busy shows how much its caughts peoples attention. Our City Centre after 7pm is like a f***ing ghost town usually

Back