The demise of a good chant.

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 31333

On a different note to the thread about the lack of atmosphere on Saturday; What's with the lack of originality when it comes to the chants on a match day? We used to be inventive with the likes of the Mignolet, Bent & Cisse songs.

On the whole it seems like if there's anything more than 5 words in a chant we can't handle it & just break down into a wild grunt. Noticed at the weekend when the South Stand tried to sing the Teachers had a dream song & a good proportion of people couldn't get the words right, breaking down into a grunt until the final line '6 league titles still going strong'. Everything gets sped up anarl, it's like we can't wait till we get to the end of the song.

We can do better than grunting out songs or 1 word chants for players like Gooch & Hume because we can't come up with anything else. Definitely feel like the lack of a good chant is hurting the atmosphere.

Best chant imo is just the plain and simple "RED AND WHITE ARMY". We don't sing it enough. These daft songs crowds sing are shite, you can never hear the f***ing words anyway. Even worse when it's to the tune of some shitty Oasis song from the 90's.

'Red & white army' & 'by far the greatest team' chants need to see a lot more playing time.

I was thinking this during the match. The lack of originality or even attempts at new songs has been shocking this season.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the only new player to have a ‘chant’ is Chris Maguire with that “there’s only one Chris Maguire” shit :lol:

Stuart Donald one is good, as is the school teachers one if people just learnt the f***ing words

I was thinking this during the match. The lack of originality or even attempts at new songs has been shocking this season.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the only new player to have a ‘chant’ is Chris Maguire with that “there’s only one Chris Maguire” shit :lol:

Stuart Donald one is good, as is the school teachers one of people just learnt the f***ing words

The school teachers one would have been canny if it wasn’t almost a word for word copy off Rangers.

I suppose @weephillie is the only person consistently trying to get new chants off the ground. Fair play to him. The more original the better.

On a different note to the thread about the lack of atmosphere on Saturday; What's with the lack of originality when it comes to the chants on a match day? We used to be inventive with the likes of the Mignolet, Bent & Cisse songs.

On the whole it seems like if there's anything more than 5 words in a chant we can't handle it & just break down into a wild grunt. Noticed at the weekend when the South Stand tried to sing the Teachers had a dream song & a good proportion of people couldn't get the words right, breaking down into a grunt until the final line '6 league titles still going strong'. Everything gets sped up anarl, it's like we can't wait till we get to the end of the song.

We can do better than grunting out songs or 1 word chants for players like Gooch & Hume because we can't come up with anything else. Definitely feel like the lack of a good chant is hurting the atmosphere.
the best chant makers deserted us when we were relegated from the Premier League iirc

Could almost hear" Jack Ross red and white army!" ( that should be loud as owt the job hes doing)
Good owld " come on you reds" off corners as well would be good( we seem to get a canny few these days)
And another thing...im getting a flag...not enough in my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back