The demise of a good chant.

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

its because people won't try and get new songs going, aye if someone comes up with a chant and you dont like it then lets make an improvement. if someone posted on here with the cisse chant, mignolet chant or even the bent chant lately it would get shot down in 5 posts.

Twas ever thus. Back in the day the version of "My Old Man" never got past "We dillied, we dallied, we fucked them in the alley" without disintegrating into "der der der der der der der der"

One thing that hasn't helped over the past few seasons is how most of our players have been totally shite mercenaries who have had no allegiance to the club and didn't deserve songs. Also it's been fuckin terrible watching us, not the best atmosphere to get new chants going.

Maybe there should be a sticky on here with the words to all our chants in, so if people don't know the words to a certain chant it's easy to source it if they want to join in. Imo it's bloody difficult to pick up the words of chants you don't know the words to at home games.

Don;t Man U actually have a song book?

Isn't this is how it's always been? Obviously not the Twitter/Facebook thing, but lads on coaches, then in to the pubs then on to the terraces.

Aye, pretty much. I've got no issue with people posting efforts on here but realistically it won't work because there isn't a big SMB section that then go to the match together and who could start the chants off. With the pissed up lads on the bus, someone comes up with a song, if the other lads like it they sing along to it on the bus, then when they get to the pub still singing it others might join in. Quickly you could have 50+ singing it, if any of them are near each other in the ground you quickly get a pocket singing it and others start to join in. We need the younguns to start getting pissed imo

Aye, pretty much. I've got no issue with people posting efforts on here but realistically it won't work because there isn't a big SMB section that then go to the match together and who could start the chants off. With the pissed up lads on the bus, someone comes up with a song, if the other lads like it they sing along to it on the bus, then when they get to the pub still singing it others might join in. Quickly you could have 50+ singing it, if any of them are near each other in the ground you quickly get a pocket singing it and others start to join in. We need the younguns to start getting pissed imo

The numbers singing any song (at any club, in any ground) are probably smaller than you might think. Although I'm usually singing amongst trained voices, rather than fans, you'd probably be surprised by the sheer volume that as few as 50 people can produce. What's not happening is groups of that size forming to come up with something original. Some of it is certainly down to modern chart music (for want of a better phrase), particularly rap based, being notably short of easy, memorable tunes, and there's not an innate knowledge of melody like that in the age groups most likely to come up with new chants.

Aways have traditionally been where songs have been started. Long trips, with pissed up groups passing the time and having a laugh. Getting them in to the pubs plays a big part too, however, in recent years Liverpool fan groups have been putting nights on (SOS, Boss night, etc) and the chants have been gaining momentum here. As has been said already, with social media the songs spread so much quicker and make it in to the grounds in a much shorter time than previous generations. Our version of Allez Allez Allez is a perfect example of this. Started at Porto, sang on stage at Boss Night, then in the ground almost immediately. Got a feeling the new Van Dijk one will go the same way this season.

Aways have traditionally been where songs have been started. Long trips, with pissed up groups passing the time and having a laugh. Getting them in to the pubs plays a big part too, however, in recent years Liverpool fan groups have been putting nights on (SOS, Boss night, etc) and the chants have been gaining momentum here. As has been said already, with social media the songs spread so much quicker and make it in to the grounds in a much shorter time than previous generations. Our version of Allez Allez Allez is a perfect example of this. Started at Porto, sang on stage at Boss Night, then in the ground almost immediately. Got a feeling the new Van Dijk one will go the same way this season.
The new Van Dijk one is topper like

I'd imagine (as with most chants) it'll sound a bit more sped up. Allez allez allez sounds the same. Don't know what it is with fans wanting to sing everything at 100x speed
We suffer with that too. Our Poor Scouser Tommy song sounds boss when sang slowly. Problem is people blitz their way through it!

I'd imagine (as with most chants) it'll sound a bit more sped up. Allez allez allez sounds the same. Don't know what it is with fans wanting to sing everything at 100x speed

Aye was one of my major takeaways from us. People can't belt it out properly with abit of care. Got to just go so fast it turns into mumbling sound

Lyndon Gooch do do do do do...:cool:
My young'un (age 7) tried to get Baby Shark / Lynden Gooch going at the Coventry away game. Totally out of the blue, off his own back. Took me by surprise, but I let him roll with it. Nee one joined in like (not even me to be fair), didn't faze him though. Reckon he'll try again at Port Vale; but he loves Chris Maguire more now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back