The demise of a good chant.

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a different note to the thread about the lack of atmosphere on Saturday; What's with the lack of originality when it comes to the chants on a match day? We used to be inventive with the likes of the Mignolet, Bent & Cisse songs.

On the whole it seems like if there's anything more than 5 words in a chant we can't handle it & just break down into a wild grunt. Noticed at the weekend when the South Stand tried to sing the Teachers had a dream song & a good proportion of people couldn't get the words right, breaking down into a grunt until the final line '6 league titles still going strong'. Everything gets sped up anarl, it's like we can't wait till we get to the end of the song.

We can do better than grunting out songs or 1 word chants for players like Gooch & Hume because we can't come up with anything else. Definitely feel like the lack of a good chant is hurting the atmosphere.
not like the "we've got denny denny denny tueart on the wing on the wing" one :lol::lol:

My young'un (age 7) tried to get Baby Shark / Lynden Gooch going at the Coventry away game. Totally out of the blue, off his own back. Took me by surprise, but I let him roll with it. Nee one joined in like (not even me to be fair), didn't faze him though. Reckon he'll try again at Port Vale; but he loves Chris Maguire more now though.
Beauty of that tune is virtually any players name can fit into it- simple call and response, would be canny...Chris maguire, do do do do do do, repeat 3 times - Cattermole do do do do do do, Luke O nein do do do do do do do.

On a different note to the thread about the lack of atmosphere on Saturday; What's with the lack of originality when it comes to the chants on a match day? We used to be inventive with the likes of the Mignolet, Bent & Cisse songs.

On the whole it seems like if there's anything more than 5 words in a chant we can't handle it & just break down into a wild grunt. Noticed at the weekend when the South Stand tried to sing the Teachers had a dream song & a good proportion of people couldn't get the words right, breaking down into a grunt until the final line '6 league titles still going strong'. Everything gets sped up anarl, it's like we can't wait till we get to the end of the song.

We can do better than grunting out songs or 1 word chants for players like Gooch & Hume because we can't come up with anything else. Definitely feel like the lack of a good chant is hurting the atmosphere.

1 home game on & people still haven't learned the words for 6 league titles still going strong :lol:

What happened to dangermouse and his little website and that? He loved doing his little songs that lad. Banter squad.

Is he not a massive lads fan no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back