The Clash

Superb band..seem them at the City Hall gigs in 1982..fantastic live..although all wasn't well within the band at that time..first two albums are fantastic..they should have achieved so much more.

There first album must be in the top ten of all time, f***ing brilliant.

Correct.

Last edited:
Superb band..seem them at the City Hall gigs in 1982..fantastic live..although all wasn't well within the band at that time..first two albums are fantastic..they should have achieved so much more.

Correct.
I think I was at that gig
I have a mate who lives and breathes the clash, he has had two books published about them.

Nope,me and mates were listening to everything when it kicked off so everyone was in the mix ,the bands I mentioned were "the winners" for the reason stated .The Clash are in that gang as well I think you'd have to say but not for me personally.The big point is I don't get how they seem to be head and shoulders above the others looking back

Pistols were better musicians like ,both average drummers mind . The Bollocks in a solid rock record ,jones sounds better than two clash guitar players

Alan Whicker travelled even more than Joe ,whats his songs like ? Not sure that's a good guide for the art of songwriting :lol:.The Clash get mentioned a lot but Weller more for the writing side of things
My point was, you said it wasn't a competition then proceed to tell us who the winners were..:lol:

Last edited:
I think I was at that gig
I have a mate who lives and breathes the clash, he has had two books published about them.

They were on two nights in a row marra..I was at both..the Wednesday one was ok but the bouncers kept everyone away from the stage..Mick Jones was going crackers about it..second night same again but this time the bouncers moved aside everyone moved forward..much better atmosphere..when the house lights came on at the end the first six or seven rows of seats were smashed to smithereens.

That recent Chuck D narrated series about them, mentioned on here, was excellent. Love The Clash and Joe’s solo stuff had some absolute gems too. Streetcore is a near perfect album for me.

Topper Headon played in jazz-rock bands before the Clash. Knew his stuff apparently.
National Schools Jazz Orchestra as a kid according to a lad I worked with whose sister was in it at the time. Whereas Cook started playing as an apprentice Sparky when Jones acquired him a pick n mix kit over a few months!

Back