The Beatles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care who influenced who it's not important imo....I just care about good material that I like and The Beatles are way down my list....I just don't like to listen to them (although there are a few songs I really like).

Every new generation discovers and loves the Beatles - there is no one to compare. The other thing for me is that when I listen to them they still sound fresh and not dated. Ok if others don't like them but its not due to wanting to look 'cool' that they remain the most popular band right round the world - its because they are unique and quite amazing.

Sure I read somewhere that Mick Jagger said to Paul McCartney 'listen to this' and McCartney said we're releasing Hey Jude at the same time..

Probably shite like but it's not cool to dislike The Beatles now as most of the population reckoned they were canny at the time.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

Both done versions of hey jude?

Sure I read somewhere that Mick Jagger said to Paul McCartney 'listen to this' and McCartney said we're releasing Hey Jude at the same time..

Probably shite like but it's not cool to dislike The Beatles now as most of the population reckoned they were canny at the time.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

Think it was a launch party for Beggar's Banquet and The Stones were all excited about it and McCartney turned up with one of the first pressings of Hey Jude and played that and apparently the Stones didn't take it too well. Think it's in Twist and Shout by Philip Norman

They put the danger back into rock'n'roll. Look at the chart in 1963 and look at the competition. Frank Ifield, The Tornados, The Shadows and Britain's bad boy - Cliff.

The Beatles scared the parents again after a lull where rock'n'roll turned into crooners who were parent friendly. And then the Stones came along just after to scare them even more. They exported that hysteria to the states and it created a juggernaut.

You've pretty well summed it up in one post.

In the late 50's and early 60's, with the odd exception such as Elvis, pop music or music for hormonal kids didn't really exist.

It was a musical wasteland of stuff your Mam and Dad would listen to.

Then came the Beatles and, whether you were a fan or not, it seemed virtually overnight they tipped the whole job on it's head.

You may not like any of their stuff or you may find it dated - fair enough that's personal taste and it's half a century ago - but to question their impact at the time or their subsequent influence on pop music - all I can say is sorry but you can't have been there.

(Cut to black and white film of teenagers on the dance floor of Rock House youth club, Seaham, circa 63/64 and out of the Dansette comes the tinny opening bars of 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand')

Best band ever. They were ground breaking visionaries. It'll be a sad day when we have a world with no living Beatles in.

No one will be more influential or groundbreaking in pop music.

They were there at the right time.

Elvis Heartbreak Hotel and Beatles on Ed Sullivan were probably the two most pivotal moments in modern pop music.

Spot on, particularly your last paragraph.

In agreement again.

What the hell's going on?

You've pretty well summed it up in one post.

In the late 50's and early 60's, with the odd exception such as Elvis, pop music or music for hormonal kids didn't really exist.

It was a musical wasteland of stuff your Mam and Dad would listen to.

Then came the Beatles and, whether you were a fan or not, it seemed virtually overnight they tipped the whole job on it's head.

You may not like any of their stuff or you may find it dated - fair enough that's personal taste and it's half a century ago - but to question their impact at the time or their subsequent influence on pop music - all I can say is sorry but you can't have been there.

(Cut to black and white film of teenagers on the dance floor of Rock House youth club, Seaham, circa 63/64 and out of the Dansette comes the tinny opening bars of 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand')
Rock House - that shook my memory up.

Most overrated boy band in history, played music to entice little girls. Grown blokes liking the Beatles is embarrassing.

:lol: :lol: I've seen some stupid posts on here over the years....not many more stupid than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back