The Beatles

The band I watched were called Soul Sensation. Quite ordinary band except for the lad who played keyboards and he was quite exceptional.

Can't remember the name of the place on Denehouse Road. Wasn't there a scouts or sea scouts building over there somewhere?

Anyway Denehouse Road also brings back plenty of memories - some good, some bad and one that will have to wait for the next 'what's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you' thread and even then I'll still need a drink.
Not sure about the scouts. Vane Tempest Hall is the name of the place I couldn't remember.

Yes, a granny song about a violent murderer. Its really clever in that way.

It's not though is it. It's about how things can suddenly go wrong out of the blue.

The reference to a granny song by Lennon is more about the Vaudeville style of the music.

None of the other Beatles liked it and I can't understand how it was included in the Abbey Road album.

Probably one of the worst songs they ever recorded.

Last edited:
It's not though is it. It's about how things can suddenly go wrong out of the blue.

The reference to a granny song by Lennon is more about the Vaudeville style of the music.

None of the other Beatles liked it and I can't understand how it was included in the Abbey Road album.

Probably one of the worst songs they ever recorded.

Hmm, it's a dark song about someone committing murder. That much is obvious.

"The very first heavy metal track" reminds me of Vivian from The Young Ones "anyone would think Devil Woman had never been written" :rolleyes::lol:
It's tragic on so many levels.
I was in the Ivy when Cliff's kip was all over the news being raided by the nonce coppers. We decided it would be travesty if a guilty verdict prevented Devil Woman from being broadcast in the future.

I was in the Ivy when Cliff's kip was all over the news being raided by the nonce coppers. We decided it would be travesty if a guilty verdict prevented Devil Woman from being broadcast in the future.

Would have meant Oasis' The Turning getting shit canned anarl.

Back