The Beatles

Probably the greatest ever. To have a whole decade, the 1960's, on Planet Earth; basically framed around you, tells you everything you need to know. Whether Elvis surpasses them as a cultural icon is a moot point. Clearly he also had a huge impact on popular culture.

You dont get any bigger than the Beatles. There is a cultural icon bar and they hit it and then went past it.

Last edited:
I would say Dylan has influenced music more.
Can’t understand a word he drones and the harmonica sounds dreadful. He wrote some very good tunes though but they sounded so much better as covers.

Probably the greatest ever. To have a whole decade, the 1960's, on Planet Earth; basically framed around you, tells you everything you need to know. Whether Elvis surpasses them as a cultural icon is a moot point. Clearly he also had a huge impact on popular culture.

You dont get any bigger than the Beatles. There is a cultural icon bar and they hit it and then went past it.

Class song, love that and loads of others by them. There were a few stinkers too though.

Last edited:
Can’t account for taste and it would be boring if we all enjoyed the same music but, genuinely, would you know what he was singing if you didn’t have the lyrics printed in the record sleeve?
Of course, Lennon idolised Dylan too. McCartney to this day still says Dylan is the most influential of all musicians. I love the Beatles too mind.

Never read any posts other than the OP's but there'll be revisionists on here saying they weren't that good or even shite.
They were however the most influential band in history, they changed the whole ball game not just musically but culturally.

Great songwriters.
Great musicians.
Great personalities.
Cheeky lads.

But I never like them.
They were too safe.
Surely the most inept ever uttering on here?

Last edited:
The Beatles were great.
They were ok, yeah
OK?! Just OK? You obviously know fuck all. Which other bands have been more influential?
Kraftwerk, Velvets, Stooges...
Kraftwerk??? Hahaha yeah loads of people know them.
You said influential, not famous.
Kraftwerk for fucks sake man. Beep beep bop beep fuck off man. The Beatles were the greatest ever and anyone who disputes this can't handle the truth.
I didn't even say I disliked them....
You obviously know fuck all. They were the first to manipulate sounds. I mean really manipulate them. Like Tha Morra Nivver Knars and stuff and that note that goes on forever.
Aye but the lyrics were shite and Paul couldn't sing.
Mate it's just pop music mate, don't take it too seriously man.

Back