The Beatles

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was before they started to record their own stuff. They were about 17 when they recorded that.

A year later they were setting the trends.
Ok. How about this covered by The Beatles in 1963

Point I’m making is that they had 5 great years from 65 to 70 but I don’t think they were pioneers.

Point I’m making is that they had 5 great years from 65 to 70 but I don’t think they were pioneers.
I'd say from Rubber Soul onwards, every album was a game changer.

HAve a watch of this when you get the chance

How the Beatles Changed the World (2017) - IMDb

HAve a watch of this when you get the chance

How the Beatles Changed the World (2017) - IMDb
Will take a watch thanks.

Rubber Soul was released in December 65. Less than 5 years later they split. In that period they were a great band, but they weren’t trend setters to my mind and I lived through it in my early teens.

There were more influential artists around at the time for my generation. Somebody 5 years older might feel differently, but not me.

And - if it wasn’t for George Martin I doubt they would have been so successful.

just how good were they?

They’d have 16 of top 20 these days!

I wasn’t born when they were around, but by fuck they’re good

Maybe over used but they have to be the best band by far, ever. Undisputed
They influenced music as it is today, like nobody else has. Greatest band/group ever

OK young uns. Just listen to any ‘sounds of the 60s’ type thing and n o t i c e the difference when a Beatles track comes on. It’s fresh, it’s alive, it STILL sounds good - albeit less and less ‘current’ ... but they were w a y ahead of their contemporaries and doing it whilst all around them was going crazy. Soooo many great songs and then ... they changed. And they were even better. A great band.

I thought I’d get this in before some fucker gives it the old ‘most overrated band ever and they were shit’ nonsense, coz they were clearly and palpably neither.

And McCartney was an excellent bass player.

Stones were great anarl.
Ower lass hates them because she says you're expected to love them and told to do so. We had a pissed music night a few months ago, I stuck up for them and I played her loads of album tracks she hadn't heard and showed her they could be an amazing blues/rock and roll band as they'd done the hard yards in clubs for years. She was well impressed but said she still preferred The Stones. I said I didn't. I then went through my music and it basically turned out that I loved The Stones more n all.

Will take a watch thanks.

Rubber Soul was released in December 65. Less than 5 years later they split. In that period they were a great band, but they weren’t trend setters to my mind and I lived through it in my early teens.

There were more influential artists around at the time for my generation. Somebody 5 years older might feel differently, but not me.

And - if it wasn’t for George Martin I doubt they would have been so successful.
:lol:
They were probably the most groundbreaking/experimental band in the history of music.

Last edited:
just how good were they?

They’d have 16 of top 20 these days!

I wasn’t born when they were around, but by fuck they’re good

Maybe over used but they have to be the best band by far, ever. Undisputed

The fab four were great but even they'd had told you there's so much more to music than them.

In last weeks wise men say podcast they do a little bit with Bally and his son asking what music Bally would choose pre match in the dressing room. Nearly crashed at his reply :lol:
Fuck me, it must have been truly woeful.

The fab four were great but even they'd had told you there's so much more to music than them.
There's the difference between them and so many shit bands that followed them.

Yup

Ower lass hates them because she says you're expected to love them and told to do so. We had a pissed music night a few months ago, I stuck up for them and I played her loads of album tracks she hadn't heard and showed her they could be an amazing blues/rock and roll band as they'd done the hard yards in clubs for years. She was well impressed but said she still preferred The Stones. I said I didn't. I then went through my music and it basically turned out that I loved The Stones more n all.

They were probably the most groundbreaking/experimental band in the history of music.

The Beatles were better but I'd rather listen to The Stones. Goats head soup has been getting absolutely ruined again.

Last edited:
You must have heard one of the others where I surveyed a quote and when I was about to leave I went to shake his hand? He was a bit reluctant but I insisted, he gave in and after an awkward pause he offered his stump. I didn't know what to do so I shook his stump.
I didn't get the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back