The Beatles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a known fact that anyone who tries to dispute it is a wrang'un.
OK young uns. Just listen to any ‘sounds of the 60s’ type thing and n o t i c e the difference when a Beatles track comes on. It’s fresh, it’s alive, it STILL sounds good - albeit less and less ‘current’ ... but they were w a y ahead of their contemporaries and doing it whilst all around them was going crazy. Soooo many great songs and then ... they changed. And they were even better. A great band.

I thought I’d get this in before some fucker gives it the old ‘most overrated band ever and they were shit’ nonsense, coz they were clearly and palpably neither.

And McCartney was an excellent bass player.

Stones were great anarl.
This. Even with tunes 50 year old they’d be guaranteed number 1

So ahead of their time the chemical brothers made a career from copying one of their tunes.

Many bands made a career from copying one aspect of theirs. Which only lasted (in recording terms) about 10 years and even less as a live band.

But you all know this.

Sure I read somewhere that Mick Jagger said to Paul McCartney 'listen to this' and McCartney said we're releasing Hey Jude at the same time..

Probably shite like but it's not cool to dislike The Beatles now as most of the population reckoned they were canny at the time.

Maxwell's Silver Hammer.

Last edited:
just how good were they?

They’d have 16 of top 20 these days!

I wasn’t born when they were around, but by fuck they’re good

Maybe over used but they have to be the best band by far, ever. Undisputed
Everything you say is absolutely true.
Beware people who say they don't like the Beatles, I'm always suspicious of them.

I was 5 when the Beatles formed and 15 when they split. They were there as I was growing up but I never really got into them.

Some great songs of course but to me, they seemed to follow trends rather than set them
This has got to be the most crass statement ever made on these boards.
See what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back