The Beatles - Get back Documentary

Genuinely don't get the beatles at all. Few good tunes but over hyped bollox
Everyone is entitled to like what they like and dislike what they dislike. If it’s not your thing mate, that’s fine. However, listen to the first 15 seconds of ’Day Tripper’ or ‘Ticket to Ride’ (both released 1965) and you’re listening to the sound of popular guitar music for the following 50 Years.

Everyone is entitled to like what they like and dislike what they dislike. If it’s not your thing mate, that’s fine. However, listen to the first 15 seconds of ’Day Tripper’ or ‘Ticket to Ride’ (both released 1965) and you’re listening to the sound of popular guitar music for the following 50 Years.
I just cannot understand it. They're the greatest band in history. Are they deaf?

I just cannot understand it. They're the greatest band in history. Are they deaf?
It’s subjective though isn’t it? Chicken Tikka Masala is really popular in this country. If you don’t like it it doesn’t mean you have no taste buds. Just means you like something else.

Yes the Beatles pushed boundaries and moved music in new directions. But that doesn’t mean if you don’t like them there’s something wrong. Sigue Sigue Sputnik did the same.

I think they’re okayish. Some crackers but some dreary, uninteresting stuff. But I get that for many people they’re the goat’s elbows. (I invented that phrase as I couldn’t think of the phrase I meant)

It’s subjective though isn’t it? Chicken Tikka Masala is really popular in this country. If you don’t like it it doesn’t mean you have no taste buds. Just means you like something else.

Yes the Beatles pushed boundaries and moved music in new directions. But that doesn’t mean if you don’t like them there’s something wrong. Sigue Sigue Sputnik did the same.

I think they’re okayish. Some crackers but some dreary, uninteresting stuff. But I get that for many people they’re the goat’s elbows. (I invented that phrase as I couldn’t think of the phrase I meant)
Aye objectively I know that. I'm not really being serious. I just think they're the absolute bollocks and also more than that so interesting so I can't really get it when people aren't at least somewhere near that POV.

I don't really care mind. It's fine. Just a bit curious

The people who don't get The Beatles must have no clue about musical history or anything. I can understand the music not being to their taste but to just dismiss is a bit silly really.

Watched the first episode tonight. Enjoyable but having listened to God knows how many bootlegs over the years they can become a bit tedious. The footage looks excellent now but the mismatched audio/video is not done very well. I guess it's good to have a more comprehensive version than the Let It Be movie and nice to show it in a much more positive light.

Last edited:

Sigue sigue splutwank, whatever, pushed different boundaries. Trivial ones. Apart from that, I concur.
George looks unbelievably cool like, double denim and knee high purple suede boots. Then the get back roof top black fur jacket 😎
That jacket belonged to his wife. I think they all went up there in their wife’s jackets, for the lols. Also, George and Ringo are always dressed in these fillums, like George in a pink candy stripe or Ringo in his all green suit. Paul just turns up, and John wears the same as Yoko is wearing.

Last edited:
Sigue sigue splutwank, whatever, pushed different boundaries. Trivial ones. Apart from that, I concur.

That jacket belonged to his wife. I think they all went up there in their wife’s jackets, for the lols. Also, George and Ringo are always dressed in these fillums, like George in a pink candy stripe or Ringo in his all green suit. Paul just turns up, and John wears the same as Yoko is wearing.

I’ve always thought George was the coolest like, but Paul looks class in the first one in the doc. I’ve honestly never thought that before.
The people who don't get The Beatles must have no clue about musical history or anything. I can understand the music not being to their taste but to just dismiss is a bit silly really.

Watched the first episode tonight. Enjoyable but having listened to God knows how many bootlegs over the years they can become a bit tedious. The footage looks excellent now but the mismatched audio/video is not done very well. I guess it's good to have a more comprehensive version than the Let It Be movie and nice to show it in a much more positive light.

Yeah that’s the one thing I’ve not liked so far.

Last edited:
The footage looks excellent now but the mismatched audio/video is not done very well.
It’s the Disney+ version of what Netflix does with f1 when it baldy mangles the edit of drive to survive.

I find modern documentary creates drama out of differing timelines.

I had my doubts about it when I started, but finished it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was fascinating seeing famous songs evolve in real time, and and getting to witness the ebb and flow of group dynamics (Billy Preston's appearance certainly eased a lot of tension). The brief appearance by Peter Sellers reaffirmed the received wisdom about him: when he wasn't in character he had absolutely no personality.

I thought the rooftop concert, which is so well known, would be an anti-climax, but in fact it was a revelation to see it in full, and the bumbling coppers (including a gormless Adrian Chiles lookalike) added a comic turn.

Yoko is fascinating.
It's sweet how much her and John adore each other, but there is not a moment where she is not sat directly next to him. Always 5 chairs in the circle.
He seems the sort that would bring his lass on a stag do.

She does stand out in episode one, sitting in the circle like and appendage. There they are composing future classics, and she's blithely knitting or reading a newspaper.

But the context begins to change, especially when Paul's stepdaughter arrives. You begin to realise that they were an extended family, and that new additions were absorbed - sometimes comfortably, sometimes less so - into the family.

She does stand out in episode one, sitting in the circle like and appendage. There they are composing future classics, and she's blithely knitting or reading a newspaper.

But the context begins to change, especially when Paul's stepdaughter arrives. You begin to realise that they were an extended family, and that new additions were absorbed - sometimes comfortably, sometimes less so - into the family.

By the 3rd episode the whole vibe seems to have changed, but the 1st so so tense and there must have been times one of them must have been close to snapping with her presence.
She even went to meet George Harrison with the others after he had walked out.
Have you heard that 'whole lot of yoko' (I think that's what it's called) on the stones circus album?

Gutted this is on Disney+. Wonder if I can get a one month subscription so I can binge it over Christmas.
Ya fucker, I got it six month free when I renewed my phone, thinking my daughter would use it and we watched only one movie on it so cancelled it after the six months.

Back