The Beatles - Get back Documentary

Fair enough, you can simply not dig The Beatles' music (bit weird, considering they straddled every genre going in their time and created a few more). But to dismiss them as over hyped bollocks you have to be pretty f***ing clueless. Their social, musical and even political impact is immeasurable. I've always felt that most people claiming to not like The Beatles are posturing for some reason.

The second episode is much more fun than the first one. They all seem happier. The camera even catches George smiling a couple of times. Ringo seems to be a bit out of sorts most of the time (is this when his alcoholism started to spiral?). John and Paul are both absolutely cool as owt. McCartney's a dynamo, a proper relentless music machine.

Gonna watch the third episode tonight and try not to crumble into an emotional wreck.

Started it Friday night. It’s fascinating like, can’t wait to see it all. You can tell what all the stories mean about Paul acting as the leader during those days, almost control-freak like at times while the others seemed a bit more easy going. I’m not even beyond the first episode yet though so don’t know how much nor if that changes. Talented bloke though, wey they all were/are.

Only watched first episode now and it’s really fascinating to see the worlds biggest band trying to be creative whilst getting through the obvious tensions .

I don’t how get how anyone can just say the Beatles are overhyped , we’re way ahead of their time and musically changed so much and pushed the boundaries of what can be done.

Even if you don’t get the songs , if you look at how the songs are structured and put together it’s pretty impressive for the era

Utterly fascinating. Watched episode 1.
Yeah there are boring bits of stuff but actually fascinating to me that the ‘process’ had declined, by that point, into a non-process and they still came up with storming songs that people still listen to, to this day

... and Paul’s just sat there plonking out some chords and chatting away with Neil Aspinall and it’s recognisably the embryonic Long And Winding Road - that he was working on the previous evening. 52 years later and people are still crying when they hear the bloody thing.

Imagine being a gofer, just doing your job in the background whilst that was going on

And Glyn Johns in the middle there suggesting arrangements- and going on to work with absolute everybody that was anybody in British ( and some US) classic rock from the Stones, Dylan, The Who, Zep, Fairport, Clapton, Faces, Clash...

If you’re interested in the creation of rock music and that sort of documentary this is class stuff. Unprecedented access.

It’s on Disney+ right? Am I being thick as feck because I can’t find it on the Disney app

sussed it…profile was set to programmes suitable to 14 years old!

Last edited:
Watched Part 1 last night with my son who is probably more of a Beatles fan than myself (although I like The Beatles myself). Obviously, you can only work with the material you have but it seemed a bit slow to begin with. Perhaps this isn't a bad thing though as it almost imperceptibly drew you in as things developed and I think it was only the fact that we didn't finish until 10.30pm that stopped us going straight on to Part 2. I've now being sworn to wait until he's next over before watching Part 2.

There were so many good moments in there. I was surprised how quiet Lennon was in a lot of ways. I'd always got the impression he was a bit more bolshy by this point. Even daft little things like Yoko and Linda gossiping while the band are knocking out another timeless classic in the background was absolutely fascinating.

Cracking stuff.

Amazing...
Ahhh, I see it's already been posted. Well, it's that good it's worth another one!
The way he's just strumming that bass man - sounds class n nowt like a bass.
I just cannot understand it. They're the greatest band in history. Are they deaf?
My general rule of thumb is that if you don't like The Beatles then you can't be trusted.

Last edited:
Anyone been watching/watched it?

I'm on the second episode and think its great - they're all on different substances and its clear to see how and why they fell apart.

It's the Peter Jackson 3 part film about the Beatles in 1969 BTW

Back